So I have a question when it comes to making armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTColonelMonty

Okay, so I went and downloaded these files for armor.

Halo: Reach - MJOLNIR Mark V - Accessories

Halo: Reach - MJOLNIR Mark V - Military Police

And the files to make these pieces of spartan armor are Pepakura which uses paper, would I be able to use Foam instead of paper to make the armor although these files that I downloaded were PDO or Pepakura files? Through the Pepakura program that is.

P.S I am very new to the forums so sorry if I didn't post this in the right place or anything.

P.S.S Also would this be all I would need to make a full costume?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've actually never done foam but I don't think you can use the same files for pepacura and foam. Typically I think people use card stock which is essentially thicker paper, but it does give more rigidity. The problem is that foam typically is quite a bit thicker and doesn't allow for bending in tight angles. I suppose it's possible if you cut out wedges on the back side of the foam, but good luck with that.

"Full costume" is relative concept. A person can spend years making every minute detail. It's all about what key features you want to include.

I've actually never done foam but I don't think you can use the same files for pepacura and foam. Typically I think people use card stock which is essentially thicker paper, but it does give more rigidity. The problem is that foam typically is quite a bit thicker and doesn't allow for bending in tight angles. I suppose it's possible if you cut out wedges on the back side of the foam, but good luck with that.

"Full costume" is relative concept. A person can spend years making every minute detail. It's all about what key features you want to include.
Well I was asking more in the sence of a full costume as in say would that be the minimum to make a costume of spartan armor without say missing the leg pieces or the arm pieces or something.

With the files you have downloaded, you don't have enough to make a full suit. Its only the MP helmet and accessories.
You would have to download this:
Halo: Reach - MJOLNIR Mark V - Standard
Which has the foam templates for the armour.
As for the MP helmet, the pep files can be used for foam. You or someone who is friendly enough to do it for you would have to edit the Pep files to make it foam friendly.
The accessories file you DL does have foam files included so you are good to go there.

Edit: BTW, be careful to make sure you put your posts in the proper forum. It can cause some confusion when seeing a thread relating to foam armour instead of 3D Modelling.

Last edited:
I have moved this thread to the correct sub forum as it is dealing with questions involving the use of Pepakura.

With the files you have downloaded, you don't have enough to make a full suit. Its only the MP helmet and accessories.
You would have to download this:
Halo: Reach - MJOLNIR Mark V - Standard
Which has the foam templates for the armour.
As for the MP helmet, the pep files can be used for foam. You or someone who is friendly enough to do it for you would have to edit the Pep files to make it foam friendly.
The accessories file you DL does have foam files included so you are good to go there.

Edit: BTW, be careful to make sure you put your posts in the proper forum. It can cause some confusion when seeing a thread relating to foam armour instead of 3D Modelling.
Alright, uh is there just a foam template for the MP helmet or do I have to get creative and figure out a way to make the Pepakura design from foam?

Alright, uh is there just a foam template for the MP helmet or do I have to get creative and figure out a way to make the Pepakura design from foam?
Unfortunately it looks like there isn't a foam file.
Looks like you'll have to use your creative talents and edit your own foam files from the pep.
Try doing a Google search for some tutorials on how to do it.
I believe Spacemeat has a YouTube vid on how to convert a pep file to a foam template

Unfortunately it looks like there isn't a foam file.
Looks like you'll have to use your creative talents and edit your own foam files from the pep.
Try doing a Google search for some tutorials on how to do it.
I believe Spacemeat has a YouTube vid on how to convert a pep file to a foam template
Alright, thank you for the assistance I appreciate it.

No problem. Glad to be of help.
Hope to see some pics if your progress in the future.
By the way if you have it could you link me to the video that space meat made sence he has like 900 videos on his channel and I have no idea what his is called, that is if you have it if you don't I can just go find it on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back