So I just started...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBatmanGuy

So I just started. I finished a Red Hood Pep file and I was more or less curious how well I did. I am unable to post pictures quite yet on here but my profile pic is the finished pep work. I have been looking around on here some and I know my mask is not perfect but these things make me wonder if it was more of the file or my lack of skill that made it so choppy. I plan to resin and bondo the whole thing once I can afford to purchase the remaining materials. Any Advice is well appreciated. Thanks guys, gals, aliens and anything else that may be out there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly, for whatever reason, your profile/avatar pic isn't showing. As for posting pics, you know about Photobucket? It's free and a good place to host your pics so you can link to them here.

Lets see if that works...
943269_10151609102330186_839149650_n.jpg

Yep! That works!

So far it looks alright. If anything, I'd say that there's a little sagging here and there. Are you using a heavy grade paper/cardstock to print out your pep files? That might help with the 'sagging' issues throughout the build. The lighter paper tends to sag, while the heavier stuff does not. This will make a huge difference when you get to the bondo/resin stage.

If nothing else, this is a great 1st shot out of the gate and worse case scenario, you get the heavier stock paper and do it again, but this time with the practice and experience gained from building this first attempt.

Keep going! It will be awesome!

Thanks friend, I got the hardest stock I could. I forget the exact grade but it was over 100. I think the sagging may have been caused from when I had to take one of the pieces off because I mismatched two of the duplicate parts and realized it when I went to put the twin piece on. I noticed the effect when it was finished. Its always after its done and you put the hours into it that you notice haha

Looks mean! Not sure what it is lol but good work. :)

~Lady K[/QUOTE]

It is Red Hood from the New 52 Comics. He was one of Batman's Robins and killed by joker and then resurrected and became a type of Punisher like anti-hero. Also glad to make you giggle. I tend to be quite hilarious at times if I try. or not try. not sure which it is...

Captian's Log, Entry 6: I have apparently been folding my pep the hard way as well. I haven't been scoring my folds which I think would make a difference for those really really tiny folds. I have considered doing it over again but I am dreading that 30 hour overhaul. I have started a White Power Ranger Helm also, so I may just have to start doing it the right way on that helm and cut my losses on this one. I am currently using 110 pound card stock paper. I am getting a bit of cabin fever working on the projects I have currently. I am now talking to myself in a voice that could only be described as the love child of William Shatner and Adam Sandler...

1006318_10151719007360186_436934732_n.jpg
969413_10151722170250186_1641636785_n.jpg

Well I have a layer of Fiberglass on the inside and I have two coats of resin on the outside. I also filed and rounded off the edges and hope to add the bondo here pretty soon. Of course I say this but I will probably just stare at it and be like "I am so overwhelmed right now..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back