So I'm attempting to construct an SMG & was looking for some clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atzy

So, I've looked around these forums a bit, and have a good idea how I'll make my weapon. I'll be making it out of wood.

What I don't get though, is why a lot of people here seem to be making their smg differently from the one featured in-game.

In game:
smgoffical.jpg

Typical fan-made smg:
smgfanmade.jpg

You'll notice that the fan made ones all seem to connect the rear end of the stock to the handle, while the official one doesn't. Is that just a style, or is their some reason for doing so?

Atzy said:
So, I've looked around these forums a bit, and have a good idea how I'll make my weapon. I'll be making it out of wood.

What I don't get though, is why a lot of people here seem to be making their smg differently from the one featured in-game.

In game:
smgoffical.jpg

Typical fan-made smg:
smgfanmade.jpg

You'll notice that the fan made ones all seem to connect the rear end of the stock to the handle, while the official one doesn't. Is that just a style, or is their some reason for doing so?
Either they liked that way or isn't finished, which also means they haven't cut that piece off, go ahead and do it how you want, cannot wait to see it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the guy above me said. The SMG has a retractable stock, some people make it with the stock retracted because it's more structurally sound when using foam.

SPaRtaN-1I7 said:
i think i'm gonna turn my smgs into retracable ones... :p Friendly could you please tell me how you did it?

Sure. I just found pictures of the gun I modified.
First, I took this gun that I had sitting in my closet collecting dust for 10 years:
ts.jpg

Then I took off the top and put PVC in the front, but this guy used a brass barrel and put a rubber band on his:
ts1.jpg

After that, I took the grip from a broken Airsoft pistol I had and used that for the foregrip.
Then I took a piece of... I don't know what, but it looked like the iron sights for the SMG and glued it in the front.
Later, I cut out a piece of wood for the stock and glued that to the cocking lever, painted, and put it in my gallery and I think the Hall of Honor... Not sure though, but here it is. The final product:

P1010519-1.jpg

P1010518-1.jpg

I thought about making it retractable but then, since I made two, there was no reason to make them like that since in the game its closed when dual wielding, and open when using just one.

CPU64 said:
I thought about making it retractable but then, since I made two, there was no reason to make them like that since in the game its closed when dual wielding, and open when using just one.

Yeah, i made 2 aswell, but i want to make them retracable just in case :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back