So I'm back again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioactiveMicrobe

Hello! I've recently returned from my ban of which I still have no idea why it was issued! Hooray! Turns out, I'm a rude person for asking someone to rout out something for me for a costume if they could spare the time.

How incredibly rude, right?

Just listen to how rude I am;

possible request?

<H2 style="MARGIN: auto 0in">"So...I have a bunch of Renshape laying around...If I send them to you...could you throw them on the router?"

"What is it that you need routed? I don't know if there is enough time to work your stuff in. The router belongs to my workplace so I can only route things in between jobs."

"Well, I was thinking something like Ebony and Ivory from Devil May Cry.

http://img206.imageshack.us/i/ebonyivorymi4.jpg/

There they are."

*approxiatey a week passes with no answer*

"Well, I was thinking something like Ebony and Ivory from Devil May Cry.

http://img206.imageshack.us/i/ebonyivorymi4.jpg/

There they are.

"If you can't, that's totally cool, I just need to know if you can or not so I can figure out how to get these made before the con coming up."

*almost a week goes by with still no answer*

"A simple no would have been sufficient."

BANNED

I know, I know, you could just see the rudeness seething from my lips against the defenseless BishopX as I said it was cool if he couldn't. I am a menace to this community...

</H2>
Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this picture? I was given the cold shoulder on any kind of response, and I'm the rude one?

I don't even want to hear how he's "Busy" or something, he certain;y had more than enough time to update his thread regulary..

I tried contacting Adam, he responded saying he's find out who banned me, then...nothing. Not a single whisper later, despite my numerous updates on what I thought was going on (I think something went down with some member on the Legendary thread?) So I gave a holler at Nintendude, he's pretty cool, and asked if he knew what was going on, he thought that the whole mess was strange too, and told me he'd ask Skullcandy about it. He too was ignored. Now..if they could have replyed, and had said they were wrong, and apologized, you know what I would have done?

I would have replyed, "Hey man, it's cool, mistakes happen, we're all human. No worries."

Even if they replyed explaining why I was banned, I would have been cool with it, but of course not, why would they do the sensible thing? (I've been told that Ruze did sent at least some kind of reply. It didn't help much, but I appreciate at least that)

You know, there's a little thing that I like to call "Common Courtesy" Oooo...big words now...And you know what that means? It means taking the time to do something that is COMMONLY right. Wow...so cryptic, right? When I take the time to write something so someone asking them something, common courtesy (there's that term again) suggests a reply, right? Or am I losing it? When there was the Q&A team, I used to recieve A LOT of questions, and you know what? I made a point to asnwer each and every one to the best of my ability. Even if that was "I don't know man, -insert member here- knows about that more than I do, try shooting him a PM" But no...this site has gotten so corrupted that members now think that...pfft...I don't even know that they think...

"This member dare to mesage ME?! Does he mock me with his inquiries?"

Sounds about right. It's turned into a select few inner circle, and then everyone else. Reminds me of the Pre-revolution French monarchy... You know, I used to wonder why all the old members were leaving, I think I know why now. They were escaping the coming storm. Now it's, what? Me and Nintendude who are the only ones even close to that old who isn't a mod? And guess what? We're treated like some noobs, like we're SO below them...

I've talked to Nintendude, he feels more or less the same. And I can tell you, he's contributed a whole lot more than most of you ever will.

I asked a simple question to Bishop, and I didn't even get a reply, Nintendude's helping me with the sword, and I"m forever grateful for him, truly, I am. When someone does something like that for someone, I consider them a friend of some sort...

I can already tell that most of you will take Bishop's side on this, since most of you drool all over his stuff like a child at a toy store, and will continue clamping to his leg and getting dragged along like some lost puppy. And frankly, I don't really care, I don't care what happens to this thread, or me, or anything. This site has managed to help me a massive 0 for about a year, so whatever.

A cookie for you if you actually read all this.

Last edited by a moderator:
wheres my cookie?

Man That does bite, on how things went down with you. Only hoping I dont get treated the same.

While I don't like the idea of something like this going on, I honestly think this isn't the best course of action to take. Listen, things have been tense here recently, veterans have left, noobs have come in, people are just under alot of stress right now.

I think this shouldn't be a public matter, and I think honestly that I'm a little insulted that you would think anyone would side with Bishop just because he has awesome stuff. (I'm not saying there aren't people out there like that, but... It doesn't help much when you most likely insult the reader like that... Oh and I'm not siding with anyone in this matter... Not my place.)

I am just saying that this needs to be between the parties involved.

As a neutral party to this thread there are 2 things I would like to say.

1. In the PMs you were in now way rude so I would like to apologize for that being said.
2. With the above stated I think you are missing the real reason you got banned. It was not for being rude but instead for breaking that topics rules. It was stated do not PM asking or you will be BANNED yet you did so. With every action there is a reaction.

Ithica

P.S. All else aside if you need help and you think there is no one there for you just hit me up and I will see what I can do. Have fun on the forum and please review this situation, sometimes we are wrong without knowing it. See mistake and fixing it makes us all a better person. Welcome back.

I agree with Shade, while it is understandable that you are upset by how you were treated and the course of action taken, it does no good to flame and insult anyone openly. If anything, that will only cause more people to "side against" you, as no one really wants to be associated with someone who reacts in such a way. While I agree that in your exchange with Bishop you did not sound rude, the response you give on returning from ban casts you in a far worse light. As Shade said, many vets are gone and 10 times as many noobs have come to take their place; Is this really the first impression you wish to give them of yourself? Yeah, the forums have taken a hit and are starting to show signs of foul-play, so those of us who have been here for a while and do still respect the community need to maintain that and show the new members that disrespect will not be tolerated.

Like I said, I understand why you're upset and why you would want to rant, you just need to come at it from a different angle... You can't let stuff get under your skin. :/

I Know I haven't been a member quite as long as some of the rest of you, but I have seen my fair share of thread-battles already and I hold the same respect for the community as the rest of you. I'm of the same mind, just a fresher pair of eyes so to speak.

*Note: I started writing this at around 12:20 so I was unaware of Ithica's post...

Ah open call out here goes my response:

I banned you.

No one contacted me regarding your side of the story. Ruze did say someone was trying to contact me, and it was not his job to play intermediary, but no one made any attempt. No, not even Nintendude did. We had another problem with NobleEight getting up Bishop's behind because "he wasn't being answered". He obscessed and stalked Bishop, and then went completely bonkers because he wasn't being "answered". He said the same nasty things you just did, and he got 86'ed. That's what sent up the red flag for me after Bishop posted you spazzed on him, and I asked what went on.

Could I have been hasty, perhaps. Bad chain of events. You have the right to vent, no problem. You have the right to air problems. You however, do not have the right to choose the consequences of your messages, including ending an unasnwered chain, with a left-handed comment, that is easily taken as disrespectful.

Feeling like you're being ignored sucks, I get it, I've had it done to me and it left me more than a little scourned. And it's obvious, you don't know Bishop at all, and you just want what you want. And honestly, since with your rant you're claming to be "higher" than everyone here, why didn't you look for other alternatives? Someone who knows how to plan, as well as knows the process to CNC'ing would have done so, as it sounds like no money was exchanged, correct? So that's your own fault, not Bishops, so back off.

Regarding everything else you said, which is outright uncalled for:
Your lack of respect and selfishness landed you the punishment, and your long rant does nothing but solidify why I did what I did.
Bishop is busy. I can't be presumptuous as to "why" but as someone who ALSO works in AAA (this would be high end commerical work) entertainment, our schedules are MURDER. I'm working with him on the L.A. project and the man is so busy he can't get back to me until he can. Do I get anxious, yeah a bit, but I don't fire off ambiguos messages, ending with left handed comments.

Being angry is fine, posting something along the lines of "Will whoever banned me please step up, I'm pretty mad right now". But posting this giant rant about how Bishop sucks and we're all dumb lemmings is way beyond out of line. French Monarchy? Well I'm not Doctor Brown, and I can't make a time machine, so I can't tell you "how it was", even from a history book standpoint.

But what I can tell you is, how it is here and now: This is not a gestappo. I got raked over the coals by some selfish git a couple years ago, and not a single person on the Moderation or Admin staff did anything about it, EXCEPT the L.A. guys, and that was one of the reasons they left. Was I beyond upset with people, oh you bet you biscuits. Did I light up the forum calling people "drooling dogs", nope, I discussed it PRIVATELY. I got screwed over multiple times, by selfish people on here, did I complain about it, yes I did, but PRIVATELY.

In a completely unrelated move, I was made a mod months later because of the 3D work I contributed on the Marine Armor that was featured on Kotaku. I also did the Indy Mogul video on the Halo armor that has almost 1 million hits now. Am I bragging, no, just showing that I have contributed A LOT and I don't go around posting everywhere about how much I've done. I did it recently to make points about why certain things could be happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back