So... I've Got A Wip. (daftspartan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
geoviper34 said:
nice job really like the helmet hope it works out
Thanks!

Finnish_Spartan said:
The torso looks nice, mind if i ask what scale did you use? And how did it fit?

-FSS
actually, I tried to scale it on my own, but I apparently screwed up my proportions, because the dimensions were too big, so I printed it out at the default scale, and it fits like a "glove"

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the double post, but I have an update.
I glassed and bondoed the chest, attached the hinge and the pieces to keep it together, and all that's left to do is paint.
Opinions are gladly welcomed :D

still looking good!
looks a bit small without the rest of the armor on but I'm sure those are on the way ;)
or maybe it's just because you are wearing Underarmor :lol:

daftspartan said:
Here's the double post, but I have an update.
I glassed and bondoed the chest, attached the hinge and the pieces to keep it together, and all that's left to do is paint.
Opinions are gladly welcomed :D

Wow! it... looks... Wonderful :lol: So are you going for the arms now or the legs? In this speed youll be done for halloween (Maybe not, but it would have been cool ;))

Skyman said:
still looking good!
looks a bit small without the rest of the armor on but I'm sure those are on the way ;)
or maybe it's just because you are wearing Underarmor :lol:
Thanks sky! I'm hoping that the scaling on all of my pieces end up somewhat proportional, but it's kind of a hit-and-miss. But you're right, the underarmor over my skin and bones doesn't help much either, haha.

MasterBest1 said:
Wow! it... looks... Wonderful :lol: So are you going for the arms now or the legs? In this speed youll be done for halloween (Maybe not, but it would have been cool ;))
Much thanks! I think arms will come next, I have the right shoulder scaled and printed, but too stressed to start it now. For Halloween I"ll just have the helmet and chest... :/

UPDATE BEFORE FRIDAY ---- I soldered together some LED's tonight and installed them in the helmet, but I"ll save pictures for tomorrow night after I finish painting the chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back