So My Phone Went Through The Laundry.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well from my past experience with wet electronics you probably would have been fine if you had not tried turning it back on after you ran the hair dryer on it. You might be able to let it sit in a warm place for about 24 hours with the screen side down on something to let it completly dry out and try turning it back on but theres a chance it won't since you tried turning it back on when some of the inside circuits could have still been wet which would have caused them to fry. If the phone does'nt work after what I just said then your alternative is a replacement.

as nintendo dude said let it dry for a day plug the power in and try it again. alot of phones have a color sticker near the battery if it changes from white to red it could have kicked the can. remember whenever you do laundry check pockets before your throw them in!

HAppened to my mom's phone... right in the washer. Onjly for about 5 seconds, but it died. methinks it's time for a new phone...

Yeah, at this point, I'd say your screen is toast. For future reference, check your pockets b4 washing, and if something goes through don't turn it back on. I normally remove the battery, and stick the phone in a sealed container of beans. (Supposedly the beans will suck up moisture... might be b.s.) You can go in and say that your phone won't turn on, and let the service people deal with it. Personally, I'd NEVER try to dry it with a hair dryer. You're heating the phone up, which can be pretty bad for the electronics... However, I guessed you learned a lesson... On the bright side, you might be due for an upgrade :).

Cheers!

you could always just get the phone replaced. tell them you need this phone replaced with the same plan and they will do it. if they say you need a data plan tell them that you use it for work but you do not use the internet services. so why would you need it.. its just a data manager on the road not an internet machine.. if they still give you heck you ask for a manager and explain you need a smart phone with no data but wifi for in the office. if he still wants you to get a data plan get a little disgruntled and then kinda look all pissed off then cool yourself down visually and say these simple words. if i cannot get what i need here i will have to take my business to another company that will.

usually by this time the manager and the employee will bend over backwards to keep you on as a customer if not then say your going somewhere else and because they will not replace the phone they had provided you will no longer pay the bills for a phone that does not work. but you will pay for a phone that does work on the current plan once it is replaced. no plan changes... by that time they will just agree and give you what you want.

In the off chance that there is any more water trapped inside, put your phone in rice overnight. The rice should soak up any of the moisture trapped. I used this on my iPod. Works great.

That actually seems to be the norm these days, I know Sprint cornered me into the data plan for my HTC Hero (not that it's a bad thing, but that's a hell of a phone bill increase!).

Anyways, if they refuse to budge on that policy, then it's time for some e-shopping.

Might have to let the phone dry for a few days.

And the sticker is there just to show that it stopped working due to water damage. Its for warranty purposes. It never covers water damage.

dont d any of this :ptry the fridge. Put it in there for a day. Get it out and try putting it on.

I had the same problem with my cellphone once. Got this trick of my cousin who worked in a celphone center.

Let it sit in rice over night. (EDIT: don't cook the rice tho.! :p)

Also, you won't be able to get a refund (I don't know if you have a warranty) as phone company adds a thin sheet of special paper inside the fun. If the fun is dropped in water, that paper is permanently marked. Good bye warranty :p

Third the rice fix.  Cures most water problems, but you can't wait. You only have a few days to dry it out before the damage is permanent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back