Socially awkward and not at all subtle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayer6429

So, I figured I should write up something to introduce myself. As someone who's never really done anything like this I'm not sure where to start, or even really why I'm here. I love Halo, and like making things so this seemed like a natural thing to try out, but now I'm realising how little I know and how little skill I actually have after seeing some of the amazing stuff on here. But, I'll give it a shot, and hopefully make you guys proud.

Slayer6429, glad to have you on board! The 405th is a great community full of very helpful people and we're looking forward to seeing the things you accomplish! There are a lot of stickies for your reading pleasure (or pain...) that go over a lot of things which I would call important. As a general welcome and helpful pointers, just remember a few things:

Don't necro-post. If a thread has been dead more than six months or so, don't post in it. It pushes other active threads down. Just shoot the original poster a PM if you have a question.

Refrain from using profanity as much as possible. We try to keep this forum friendly and happy.

Be involved! People from all over the world are on here and they are super great resources for costuming, prop making, and all kinds of things!

Have fun!

So, I figured I should write up something to introduce myself. As someone who's never really done anything like this I'm not sure where to start, or even really why I'm here. I love Halo, and like making things so this seemed like a natural thing to try out, but now I'm realising how little I know and how little skill I actually have after seeing some of the amazing stuff on here. But, I'll give it a shot, and hopefully make you guys proud.

Welcome to the party!

The best place to start is to read up a bunch on different methods of building and finding something that appeals to you and your creative side. Do you have any armour variants that you're interested in? There's a load of us on here posting dozens of different armour builds and as a new person coming in I can see it being daunting and not knowing where to start but if you give us some clues into what you hope to find some of us people that live on the forums can steer you in the right direction.

Thanks, I've started reading a bit but it's taking a while to get it to stick lol. Not really sure about variants, never really looked at them too much. I do know that I prefer less bulky ones though, just a personal preference.

Thanks, I've started reading a bit but it's taking a while to get it to stick lol. Not really sure about variants, never really looked at them too much. I do know that I prefer less bulky ones though, just a personal preference.

Less bulky is definitely a good way to get into armour costuming so that you can get yourself used to being a mobile refrigerator walking through a crowded convention hall. ODSTs and Marines are good introductions since their armour is fairly simple geometry and the rigging doesn't require as much precision so you have a bit of wiggle room and it's a good learning experience.

I'll take a look at those, thanks. Hopefully I can get to a point where I'm good enough for a full Mjolnir suit.

I'm still waiting for that point where I'm good enough as well. Just jump in and start practicing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back