Software Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech bandit

After being told that i cant print my templates at armorsmith and pepakura instantly ran into a problem. You cannot run those programs on chromebook. The only two devices I have are IOS and Chromebook so if anyone has any software that can run on these that would be great.

Man Chrome OS is rough. no one really makes anything for it. Best I can say for that is google "run windows programs on chrome OS." and see waht options come up. When you say IOS do you mean the mobile OS for ipad and iphone or do you actually mean Mac OS the desktop operating system? If it is Mac OS You have options Firstly blender and meshmixer both work on Mac OS. Also if you want to use armorsmith you can use bootcamp to run windows on the mac and run armorsmith in that version of windows.

I don't know how tech savvy you are but... if your chromebook is based on an x86 cpu, then you should be able to hack linux onto it (there's usually a tutorial online)... and if you can do that then you may be able to use linux to run the windows application. That's super hacky, but technically possible and I did plenty of similar things back in highschool. If none of that made any sense, then... I'll think on this in the back of my mind. Do you have any budget to get cheap PC?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back