Some Help With Mass Effect Weapon Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingdaniel97

Okay, so I'm planning on making a set of N7 Armor in time for next Halloween. I have the basic way that I'll pull that off already worked out so I'm not exactly in great need to figure that out.

The issue I'm having trouble figuring out will be the weapons. See I'm caught between just making one weapons(likely the Phalanx pistol if I do that) or making them all and attempting to find a way to set up a switch that can make them unfold. I'll likely try and make it so that I can also push them back into themselves with ease. Unfortunately, despite my best efforts I cannot find any unfolding references, I'm gonna work on that issue a bit later though, right now I just need to work it out logistically. Right now I'm just working on what I think would be able to link up most smoothly.

Here's my current Ideas:

Collector Assault Rifle: I will have the grip and lower spine(Reference) on a track that can be released via a trigger on the end of the stock and then have two clip points for the upper two spines so I can fold them over.

Collector Particle Beam: This one may be easier(or harder), I'm thinking I'll just make the stock/grip able to fold up to the base, likely using the "light" on the side of the front as a button(Reference)and then have the section coming off of the grip swivel around(This part would need to be manual) so that it would all be one smooth package.

M-5 Phalanx Heavy Pistol: This one I am genuinely stumped on, the best I can come up with is the grip folding in but I don't know where the section connecting the grip to the base(from the bottom of the grip) would go... Any input would be greatly appreciated(Reference)

M12 Locust SMG: Yet again, generally confused about how this would work. It makes me think that all waist bound weapons are unfolded by default and since the Mass Effect site doesn't have an animation to it and I'm too lazy right now to start the game up I think I may just run with that assumption. I suppose I could make the center of it hollow and have the stock, grip and forward grip push forward that inch or inch and a half. Anyone who has advice here, I would take it.(Reference)

As for the material I'm thinking due to the wear and tear it would take I would make it out of Wood and spray paint the base, then maybe make stencils for accents or hand paint it. Of course that wouldn't quite work for say, the Collector's Assault Rifle. I'll also have to make space for batteries for any power for LEDs(The Phalanx has a laser sight, for example)

Here's a badly shopped idea of what I'm thinking.
weaponshiftideas.png

Wow you have your work cut out for you. Can't help much with the weapons, but I will say for the armor, EVA foam sheets are your best friend. Best of luck to you.

Wow you have your work cut out for you. Can't help much with the weapons, but I will say for the armor, EVA foam sheets are your best friend. Best of luck to you.
Yeah, I was planning on that. I'm gonna make the Sentry interface too, so I figure I'll use clear plastic for the visor, then either ink in the lines with a glow in the dark paint pen or a very small brush. Then I'll likely use more of the foam for the ear piece. I'm gonna have to use a clear elastic strap(I don't know how to describe it or remember at the moment where they are... I have a basic idea of what I mean though).

Edit: Just thought of another way to connect it, using the ear piece parts that wrap around the ear from a headset.

Okay, I'm thinking for the Phalanx, I'll make it so the front black part will slide forward with the Front section of the Grip. Then the trigger would slide into the grip as it moves forward and I'd snap the black onto the front of the gun to lock it all in place, I can use springs so that it's a simple matter of unlatching the front to get it out.

If you lived close I could help work with some of them, like making the body shapes out of spray foam, and working with it. But I think you like a good far bit away :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back