Something I Noticed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabrice

While building my mark VI helmet, I saw that the unfolded parts wern't symetrical, and I wonder what's the reason behind this.

My only guess is to reduce warping.

Any other ideas ?

Most of the time it's just how the unfolder does it, some people unfold symmetrically (like me) others don't. Sometimes it's the actual model though, I spent some time re-unfolding the SPI helmet by Spartan 051 the other day and there are some points that just wont be symmetrical, pepakura can be weird like that.

I like the symmetry just because it makes it a little easier to know exactly what you're building but other than that I don't think it has any real use... just means more work for the unfolder :p

Hey how’s it going? Good I hope, sometimes when building a file the pieces for each side may or may not be different. In your case it seems like they are different. In most cases that I have experienced personally the piece that is not symmetrical usually has another piece that goes to it. For reference, look at both sides of your helmet in pepakura viewer and click on the pieces individually. If there are other pieces that go to the non symmetrical piece you should be able to tell very quickly. Hope this helps you out some if not I tried lol but cheers dude!

Ive noticed that with some files and some peices pepakura wants a certain peice to be a certain way, even if its just a pixels worth of difference. It can be really finickey like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back