Space Marine Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acr1d

Jr Member
"They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mold them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armor shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear."

-The Emperor

S7302607.jpg

S7302598-1_edited.jpg

So still have a few things to do to these pieces but for the most part they're done. I wish I'd gotten started on this sooner so I could take the time to make them exactly as I wanted :/

Spakondo066.jpg

Spakondo023.jpg

So I spray painted the helmet to better see where it needs more filler then sprayed the chest just to see how it would look with the helmet. They're still both in the rough stages and still haven't gotten the eyes exactly how I want them yet. Sorry for picture quality, wasn't holding camera steady or something
Spakondo34661.jpg

Belt isn't in the right place and one of the pieces to it fell off :(. And all that crap on the chest is me trying to get the outline of an Aquila going. I'm realizing now that I probably made the pauldrons a little too long. it looks fine but I think they should actually be a little above the elbow. Just hinders my movement more. Any ideas on how I can keep any of these parts on my body a little better? I've read the strapping 101 thread and stuff but it's a little different for Power Armor.

Spawn Camp3r said:
Is it just me or do space marines remind you of buzz lightyear?

lol no not really. His "helmet" reminds me of the Terran's helmets though

Aight so have been working on the backpack, belt, shins, and chest lately. Here's the near-completed backpack. The eight hole things at the top are pretty wavy but can't really tell when I hold it up and will be evening some of it out with more bondo.
Spakondo34655.jpg

Spakondo34654.jpg

Spakondo34656.jpg

Spakondo34658.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i cant rtell due to furry camera angles. but the chest armor looks too small. BUT...id have to wait and see it with the shoulders and eagle etc on it first.

Yeah if you scroll up you can see how long the chest armor was before but I couldn't bend over at all which sucked lol. whenever I dropped my helmet or something I had to kneel down and hope I didn't topple over. A lot of it I'm doing after the DoW ones that I posted pictures of and in that one it's pretty high up. DoW ones look a lot more mobile which is what I want. I also have to work some on strapping the shoulders to me cause right now when I put them on it looks like they're attached to the chest since they hardly move.

I noticed that the bondo was cracking in one of your pics, you should fiberglass the inside of the armor parts, use spot putty, and sand the bondo until it gets really smooth, 60 grit it, bevel it to the right shape, 150 grit, 320 grit, then 600 grit.

RadioactiV777 said:
I noticed that the bondo was cracking in one of your pics, you should fiberglass the inside of the armor parts, use spot putty, and sand the bondo until it gets really smooth, 60 grit it, bevel it to the right shape, 150 grit, 320 grit, then 600 grit.

Will do. Thanks for the tips :D what's the spot putty for though? most of it's glassed on the inside but I'll look for faults. Not to the stage of sanding yet but soooon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, sorry, the spot putty is for the outside bondo, it fills in little holes and scratches, to keep it completely smooth without gaps or bumps.

Yeah I was debating on whether or not to glass the backpack for weight issues but it's actually not heavy at all... yet

Looks good! One thing about the parts next to the mouth. They're supposed to go flush next to the surface to the armor, with no gaps.

-Drake

Oki dokes so atm I'm sanding and bondoing and sanding and bondoing bondoing and sanding and bondoing bondoing and sanding and bondoing. Shoulders are basically done cept for a few more details. They're leaving a LOT to be desired and I'd like to spend another few days just trying to get them completely smoothed out but unfortunately won't be able to if I plan on finishing this before halloween. I may or may not come back to the suit after halloween. I've learned a crapload for my first armor creation so really want to do another suit with the knowledge I've attained. Night Lord Raptor most likely or maybe a smaller project. I hope to have the backpack painting finished by tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back