Spanish Iron Man Suit (Voice Recognition Control)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zabana

HI!!!

I´m proud to tell that I´ve finish my voice recognition system to manage the suit, now I´ve got working the faceplate opening and lightning up the eyes. I´ve remodeled again the opening system to be easier for the servos and change them to a 10Kilos new ones :cool

I was working also in the legs. I took Dancin_fool´s thigh (hope you don´t mind :p) and I´ve modified a little to have a hinge system like I did with the arm. Also I´ve designed a calf and a complete boot.

There also good news for you. After thinking a lot I´ve decided to freely release all the pep files i design in 3D (complete arm, torso, shoulder, calf and boot) for one reason over all of them, if I´m using another people file all of you must have the chance to use mines.

Without delay I´m proud to show you my last progress:

Old hinge system

New system

All armor pieces together:

Helmet comparison:

And my seven month assistant :lol

Vids about new arm, eyes and helmet (with voice recognition done):

My PDO files for download:

antebrazo bajo.pdo

antebrazo superior.pdo

brazo.pdo

cubre mano.pdo

embellecedor brazo.pdo

embellecedor hombro.pdo

nueva pierna muslo derecho.pdo

nueva pierna muslo tapas derecho.pdo

nueva pierna pantorrilla tapas.pdo

nueva pierna pantorrilla.pdo

parte externa hombro.pdo

parte interna hombro.pdo

pie completo.pdo

torso escalado grande con tapas.pdo

Hope all of you like my work :unsure

Please tell what you think :rolleyes

Last edited by a moderator:
That is amazing!!!

If you can, you could make some air breaks that open when you shout "deploy flaps" or something along those lines

Aluminium_ant said:
That is amazing!!!

If you can, you could make some air breaks that open when you shout "deploy flaps" or something along those lines

Good idea ;)

Now I´m focus on finishing the suit, but it will take time :( I´ve got some issues with my back so not to much work can be done :(

wow zabana , thak's a lot for this amazing files, maybe now i can start whit my own iron man project :lol and btw what program did you use for

3d modeling ?

steelwarrior said:
wow zabana , thak's a lot for this amazing files, maybe now i can start whit my own iron man project :lol and btw what program did you use for

3d modeling ?

I use Rhinoceros, it´s quite enjoying ´cause I only know to model with surfaces, so laterly I need to convert in mesh and smooth and clean again the hole model :p

That helmet is friggin cool. Really great work zabana. It's so nice and tidy inside that thing. Great attention to detail! Looks like it is coming together! :D

Oh, on your post, would you mind translating in english what each part is? My spanish is kinda rusty.

Thanks again! :lol

That is some amazing work!! I love the hinge system built into the arms to operate as a single unit.

estonianguy said:
wow thats pretty cool, but waht will the servos work off from, a car batter? hah, awsome build tho.

Right now servos are powered by the board and the board by usb. Later I will attach a rc BESC (6 volts and 3A) with 3S lipo.

Translation of files is:

Tapas is cover, I use them to fill all the holes and harden the piece with resin inside rotating.

antebrazo bajo.pdo---------------------------------> Lower forearm

antebrazo superior.pdo------------------------------> Upper forearm

brazo.pdo------------------------------------------> Arm

cubre mano.pdo-------------------------------------> Hand cover

embellecedor brazo.pdo------------------------------> Arm ‘screw covers’

embellecedor hombro.pdo----------------------------> Shoulder ‘screw covers’

nueva pierna muslo derecho.pdo---------------------> Right Thigh

nueva pierna muslo tapas derecho.pdo---------------> Right thigh covers

nueva pierna pantorrilla tapas.pdo-------------------> Calf covers

nueva pierna pantorrilla.pdo-------------------------> Calf

parte externa hombro.pdo ---------------------------> External shoulder

parte interna hombro.pdo ---------------------------> Internal shoulder

pie completo.pdo------------------------------------> Complete foot

torso escalado grande con tapas.pdo ----------------> Torso is chest and back

Hope it helps ;)

That voice recognition system is SO awesome! I wish I had the electronic knowledge how to make this kind of cool gear for my suit!! lol my electric knowledge is limited to how to place a battery in something the correct way! lol. Awesome work, looking forward to more updates!

Thanks for releasing files, very nice of you. And good work on them!

zabana said:
Right now servos are powered by the board and the board by usb. Later I will attach a rc BESC (6 volts and 3A) with 3S lipo.

Translation of files is:

Tapas is cover, I use them to fill all the holes and harden the piece with resin inside rotating.

antebrazo bajo.pdo---------------------------------> Lower forearm

antebrazo superior.pdo------------------------------> Upper forearm

brazo.pdo------------------------------------------> Arm

cubre mano.pdo-------------------------------------> Hand cover

embellecedor brazo.pdo------------------------------> Arm ‘screw covers’

embellecedor hombro.pdo----------------------------> Shoulder ‘screw covers’

nueva pierna muslo derecho.pdo---------------------> Right Thigh

nueva pierna muslo tapas derecho.pdo---------------> Right thigh covers

nueva pierna pantorrilla tapas.pdo-------------------> Calf covers

nueva pierna pantorrilla.pdo-------------------------> Calf

parte externa hombro.pdo ---------------------------> External shoulder

parte interna hombro.pdo ---------------------------> Internal shoulder

pie completo.pdo------------------------------------> Complete foot

torso escalado grande con tapas.pdo ----------------> Torso is chest and back

Hope it helps ;)

Yeah that helps alot. I really appreciate it and I look forward to seeing the finished product! :)

unheared said:
can i ask please how tall are you ? as i am 5.11 would they fit me ?

For sure, because I´m 5.35 ;)

But I´m pretty strong so the files have a good with... :p

Could anyone point me into a good tuto about how to reduce polys in a 3d model???

I did with my other files "by hand" but the helmet it´s pretty different :(

zabana said:
I use Rhinoceros, it´s quite enjoying ´cause I only know to model with surfaces, so laterly I need to convert in mesh and smooth and clean again the hole model :p

ok bro thank's for the info, i'm going to try that program maybe it's more easy to learn i'm currently have 3d max but i have no idea how to handle it :lol

steelwarrior said:
ok bro thank's for the info, i'm going to try that program maybe it's more easy to learn i'm currently have 3d max but i have no idea how to handle it :lol

I began with 3D Max a few years ago, but one friend point me in rhino because the surface modeling way, this kind of model suit better our rc planes design. For pepakura´s purposes is better to model directly in meshes, so 3d max will be better. Maybe Maya too, i need to give a try :p. Problem is I can do with surfaces but not with meshes so I´m in trouble when converts one in to another and need to low the polys :(

Sooo, please could someone tell me wich is the way in 3dmax or maya to reduce smothness or polys in a 3d model to fit better in a pep file (remodel again from nurbs to mesh and later re-do to use in pepakura just sucks a lot ;) ).

hey zabana can't wait to see you costume finished and btw maybe you should ask about meshes via pm to dancingfool , sahrkhead or dumbean this guys are really gifted hands for the 3d stuff.

the voice recognition is awsome, wish i could do that to make odst visor go from reflective to transperent and back again.

Amazing, Im from mexico so spanish power!!

I was sondering where you got your file for the helet. THank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back