Spartan-183 Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! I finally learned how to upload images! So let's start off today with my 80% done AR(Robo ver)

Full View
Picture004.jpg

FPS View
Picture005.jpg

Clip
Picture006.jpg

Side View
Picture007.jpg

Now time for some armor!
This is the start of my new FS HD Helmet. I have an old one I made in 4 days(pics soon). here is the start of the Jaw!

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

First off, I used the old helm to make the Plexi-Glass visor (See second recent forum to see what I mean).
Secondly, Constructive criticism is appreciated!

Nice job .
Love the AR and the colors.
I also have to say when I made my fs helm the jaw was the only fun part to put together.

Your doing great so far. Keep us posted.

I fell ya man. I absolutely hate assembling the dome and rim parts. Other than that it's a pretty fun build. And thanks, I love my AR colors too!

ECKK!!!! Sorry Mods for the double post!

Good news, everyone! Got some pics of my old helmet here, today! YAY! So let's look at what a FS HD Helm can look like after a 4 day period! Here we go! Yes, I am stalling! LOL! Okay seriously, here are the pics:

Armor004.jpg

Armor009.jpg

Armor001.jpg

Armor002.jpg

Armor007.jpg

Armor008.jpg

Armor010.jpg

Armor003.jpg

Armor005.jpg

Armor006.jpg

Tell me what you all think of it. Remember, I made it in 4 days.

im likin the old school electrical tape AR ya got there, havent seen that style of pep fold out you used for the helmet in a while., good work, it'll come along better and better over time, keep it up..

Where is the resin? The Fibreglass? The Bondo for details?

I suggest getting those three items before you intent using it outside/for other purposes. Resin and Fibreglass makes it rigid, the bondo smooths out the helmet and adds more detail. Just a friendly reminder. ;)

W1D0MAK3R said:
im likin the old school electrical tape AR ya got there, havent seen that style of pep fold out you used for the helmet in a while., good work, it'll come along better and better over time, keep it up..
Thanks, man! I just wanted a more comfy feel to may ar handle so, ELECTRICLE TAPE FTW!!!1!!!ELEVEN!1 Lol.

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Where is the resin? The Fibreglass? The Bondo for details?

I suggest getting those three items before you intent using it outside/for other purposes. Resin and Fibreglass makes it rigid, the bondo smooths out the helmet and adds more detail. Just a friendly reminder. ;)
The helmet has been resined in the pics. Fiberglassing will be in a few weeks. Bondo is on hold for now. Thanks for the reminders though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya, I'm just starting my HD helmet and I started with the dome so I hope your right and it does get more fun. Anyway, great job so far! Should turn out great!

UPDATE TIME!
Ok after an absent I finished my 2nd HD Helmet. Her she is!
Armor011.jpg

Armor012.jpg

Armor013.jpg

Armor014.jpg

And here is another WIP I made.
Armor017.jpg

Armor018.jpg

Armor019.jpg

Armor020.jpg

Armor021.jpg

Armor024.jpg

Can ya guess what it is? :D

I'm not sure if it's the perspective but the helmet looks a bit lopsided in the first picture. Anyway, the sniper rifle looks pretty awesome.

God. I am horrible with double post. Oh, well updates!!! I made the Robo chest but, I added a lot of detail. Here's the bad boy!
Armor025.jpg

Armor026.jpg

Armor027.jpg

Armor028.jpg

Armor029.jpg

Armor030.jpg

Armor031.jpg

Armor032.jpg

Tell me what you guys think.

I see a lot of warping. Are you using cardstock, and scoring well before folding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back