Spartan-86 Armor Updated! New Pix Of Finished Armor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickylor

Ok guys...so i finally got my camera back but this is taken from a camera phone so sorry for the low quality...
I'll be finishing it up soon...want it ready for Halloween...i didn't Bondo it or anything because I don't have money nor time but this is just a prototype...
I'll be making the full HD one after this model because I want it done for HALOween :)

anyways enjoy...

m_834d5257ac594598a342cf54db19ae1b.jpg

m_0d5bac68c3284c70865cd2c5d9bfea14.jpg

m_5cab2d0015e340f39199aa075426733b.jpg

m_fb69586b6dbe4fe6be63dfb4ca3bdbbc.jpg

that's it so far...but i am currently on the right thigh piece...finished the left forearm and cod piece (Not Shown, finished after pictures were taken)
well I don't know if the pictures show but I'll add a URL to the pix

Looks good. Nice pep work. getting through the pep is the hard part. Fiber glassing is fun!
good work. you should have a nice HWeen costume.

Looks like you've done a fine job so far. As Stumpy said, the pep is the hard part. Keep at it and you'll have a great Halo-ween costume!

I like it a lot! Nice job! Your paint job is very nice also, keep it up man. I'm sure it will turn out amazing! :D

-Chris

hey bud just a quick question. which Pepakura files did you use? are they the Hi Def ones? if so how many pages of card do you need for it? if you know lol. loving your work, it's turned out really well. i'm about to begin my armour work tommorow.

Sparta said:
hey bud just a quick question. which Pepakura files did you use? are they the Hi Def ones? if so how many pages of card do you need for it? if you know lol. loving your work, it's turned out really well. i'm about to begin my armour work tommorow.

Thanks! umm...I'm using HD parts for the chest, thighs, hand plates, and boot...the chest took about 30-40 pages because you'll need to re-size them too and then move them around to fit the page, thighs still working on but about 10-15 I believe? Hand Plate only took 2 pages, and haven't started the boots yet so I don't know. Once you open the pepakura and re-size the parts, it'll show how many pages it is. Anyways, glad to hear you're starting your armor and glad to be of service :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is looking fantastic even for jest painted pep work. If the rest goes as well as your start then the finished product should be very impressive, especially in such a small timescale. I might get my helmet done in the times its taken you to do the full armour lol.

Ok guys...I've finished it in time for Halo-Ween and it turned out great...
I got lots of compliments on it so now I'll be building the full HD suit!
well here are the pix

IMG_7418.jpg

IMG_7419.jpg

IMG_7399.jpg

IMG_7395.jpg

IMG_7397.jpg

Thanks to everyone!

you could see all the pix here

myspace.com/wait_4_me

I've got plenty of time for money.
If only I had some....
anyways, very nice armor.
The paint looks really good for nothing but resin and fiberglass.
Did you sand the resin and use spot putty? Because again, that paint looks really nice for just resin and fiberglass.

randomman said:
I've got plenty of time for money.
If only I had some....
anyways, very nice armor.
The paint looks really good for nothing but resin and fiberglass.
Did you sand the resin and use spot putty? Because again, that paint looks really nice for just resin and fiberglass.

nope...well I sanded after I fiberglassed it so that it was smooth but that was all.
after that i spray painted it and drew in details.

Got a lot of questions me self.
Ok Well, What did you use as an undersuit, that looks nice and comfortable.
Second. Which files did you use?
and
Third: What color of paint did you use. May i get the brand name and color name?

Leadingspartan said:
Got a lot of questions me self.
Ok Well, What did you use as an undersuit, that looks nice and comfortable.
Second. Which files did you use?
and
Third: What color of paint did you use. May i get the brand name and color name?

for the bottom pants I wore formal type pants and the top i just wore 2 layers under armor.
the first was a turtle-neck and then the 2nd was a Nike one.
I mixed all the files up...the head, shoulders, arms, boots were ROBOGENIS's?
and the chest was FS and I forgot the rest...lol...
the paint was black automobile primer
and the green was american accents oregano satin
you could easily find all these items in the sticky's, and help tuts.

EliteRouge said:
Cool Stuff, I don't see any attachment methods though? What did you use? Nice work on hiding them.

I didn't have any attachments...
well the only parts were the shoulders but I used a black sting to hold them
the thighs I couldn't find anything for so they kept falling down slowly...I only taped them onto my pants...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back