Spartan 94 W.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Most Recent Helmet Photo]
003-4.jpg

Note: The armor on this page has been redone or is being redone. To view the armor as it is now view the latest page or go to page 3 near the bottom where I start redoing the armor. If I could I would redo the whole thread to get rid of the crappy bits of armor but sadly I can't.

Hello all my friends, I thought it was time to show my Spartan armor build since more has been accomplished. To be precise its Spartan 94, I'm implementing my Spartan into the Halo universe with a backstory! [Backstory coming soon] Well anyways here is my build so far.

Recon Helmet = Pepped and partially glassed
002-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

Cod piece = Pepped and partially glassed
007.jpg

Right shoulder = Pepped
001.jpg

My build will consist of these pieces. Recon helmet, right Mark VI shoulder, left Security shoulder, Mark VI chest, and the rest are standard Mark VI pieces.

Right now I'm working on the chest, I printed out the pieces and cut out the neck parts to see if it would fit or not. The chest will fit, but I won't be able to put my head through the neck hole since its small but the rest is perfect. Any ideas on making it fit, either trimming or making it so I put something together to put it on?

Greetings Mitch.

Since every thing is a perfect fit, then we don't want to have to mess with resizing anything... Therefore, there are a few options available:
1 - Cut out a wider opening, but only as wide as nessessary and hopefully not wider that it cuts into the shoulder boxes.
2 - Split the torso. This is what I did for mine. But I also had to deal with how to join them back together... quite a pain when compared to option 1.

Good luck with your build! :)

Just as LongShot-X pointed out, you can split the torso into a front and back half, MOST if not everyone does this since once the torso becomes hardened, it will not be so easy to slip it over your head like you would for a shirt. So chances are you will need to cut it into a front and back piece AFTER you have fully glassed it. Do not cut it before it is hardened because you will possibly, and probably run into the issue of it not lining up correctly.

If you plan on doing any bondo work to sand and make it smooth, then do that BEFORE you cut the pieces. Otherwise, you can just cut it after you glass it. Hope that helps. :)

Thanks, I never thought about that, I figured most people slipped it on. Well as for updates I will be working more on this chest piece. I'll also be thinking of a cool story for my Spartan, I already have a little bit of it made up. Spartan 94 was fitted with a custom helmet to aid in his primary ability, the sniper rifle. During a mid sized firefight he took injury to his left shoulder, destroying the original shoulder piece. Once he made a recovery he was protective of that shoulder, this interfered with his missions, thus they made him the Security shoulder.

!!!UPDATE!!!

Well I have been working slowly on my chest piece since I'm lazy, but I have gotten most of the front completed. So heres a pic of that.
001-1.jpg

My next updae will be when I finish the front of it, until then feel free to post!

looks great, keep up the fantastic work =D
btw are you going to use support struts for the chest piece because i have heard that the chest piece as sometimes really flimsy and it doesn't stay in one place so i think that you should put some support struts in just to be safe from warping, well keep up the good work and can't wait to see some more progress =D

-Road Kill

Well for todays update! I have the front of the chest piece complete and moving onto the back, sadly this thing is pain to take a picture with since the bottom part wants to fold up on me so until I can fix that.... No pictures for you! At least not of that part. So for a question, what do most people do to attach both parts of there chest pieces.

Heres a picture of how the chest piece is so far, thought people might like it. Also a friend of mine is thinking about commisioning me for a Halo 2 ODST helmet, I thought $15 sounded good for it. What? Your wandering why so low? It's cause he only wants me to pep it so he can do the glassing and bondo work himself.

001-2.jpg

I'd only do pepping on a helmet for 20 bucks... haha. Is he too lazy to do the pepping? Pffffft.
Keep the good work up, Mitch!
On the topic of putting together the chest piece, I've seen people use parachute clips. Velcro could work too. Check out Longshot's build, he has all the perfect references!

I'd only do pepping on a helmet for 20 bucks... haha. Is he too lazy to do the pepping? Pffffft.
Keep the good work up, Mitch!
On the topic of putting together the chest piece, I've seen people use parachute clips. Velcro could work too. Check out Longshot's build, he has all the perfect references!

Yes, he is a lazy Mexican... No I'm not racist! He really is a Mexican!
Thanks, it sucks how I can't test fit the chest though, I was thinking of long strips of velcro. I'll probably go with that.

Haha! Yeah, I'll be bummed about not being able to test fit it once I finish my chest piece again, too. The velcro would be a nice cheap way to go about it, not to mention pretty simple! I like making things complicated when it comes to the armor, so I'm going to try some different experiments.

Well heres my update after my short hiatus. I have finished pepping the chest piece and plan to start on another piece soon, probably one of the thighs or the forearm.

001-3.jpg

002-3.jpg

Thank you, thank you. I would like to think the little blue people. So right now I have chosen to pep the right thigh piece, figured it would be good to work on the legs next. I am also planning on doing the pen across the fold method but I choose the piece that has multiple fold lines in annoying places -_-

Update time! And noticing typoes from the last post time as well.
So yesterday I glassed the rest of the outside of my helmet and I will be giving it a coat on the inside hopefully, as long as the weather stays good like it is right now. Sadly I only have one brush left so I can only glass one thing right now, but I can move onto using some bondo, yes bondo, not rondo, sorry but Im not good at that mixture and I dont want to waste any materials trying it again. So until I get more stuff done heres how the armor is.

Recon Helmet= Fully pepped, Glassed. Bondo
Mark VI Chest= Fully pepped, Partially Glasses
(R) Mark VI Shoulder= Fully pepped
Cod Piece= Fully pepped, partially glassed
Right Thigh Piece= Not pepped

To not triple post on my own thread Im going to put this small update here, when I get pics Ill make a seperate post.
Today I have glassed the front of the chest piece to make it stronger thus running out of brushes, I also put some bondo on my recon helmet.

Well Im going to go crazy unless someone posts, atleast this update comes with pics!

So first things first, my chest piece. I have glassed the front and seperated it, I also tested to see if it fits! It doesnt! So here comes modifications, I trimmed the neck area and will have some velcro visible on the side pieces.
001-4.jpg

Next is the helmet! I added some bondo and a little paint job to see where it stands. So far not so bad but Im thinking of sanding it more in the back.
002-4.jpg

003.jpg

004-2.jpg

2 - Split the torso. This is what I did for mine. But I also had to deal with how to join them back together... quite a pain when compared to option 1.

He could always use hidden hinges and use a type of locking method. Its what I suggested my friend do for his Sesshoumaru armor.

Sooo after my long and needed hiatus from armor building I am back! And with some plans, the recon helmet I made is warped a lot SO to make that work out Im making it a modified version made just for Spartan 94, still thinking of a reason for it. As for weapons to go with the suit I will probably just buy a few well made ones or take a crack at wood work. I would really like pro detailing so Im probably just going to buy a few for now when Im finished with the suit.

I marked the prime areas on my helmet needed for bondo work but with it being so close for school to let out for the day I can't. Theres a kid that lives here that goes to the middle school, hes young so whenever Im outside he bugs me to play with him... So for today Im going to try and get over my hate of pepping and finish the thigh piece I printed, and find the sticky note I wrote the measurements for it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back