SPARTAN Fred-104 (Custom MKIV): Armour Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

RCO
405th Regiment Officer
Hey SPARTANs! 107 here.

With Sydney Supanova in Australia coming up on the 5 week mark, I've challenged myself to build Fred-104's MKIV armour from The Package. Unfortunately, since there aren't many references apart from the segment itself, I had to compromise and work with MKIV Concept Art from Halo 4, SPARTAN-II Red Team's MKIV from Halo Wars, as well as John-117's MKIV armour from both The Package and Forward Unto Dawn. In any case, here goes!

I started off by converting the pep files I had for John into .obj, and imported them into netFabb Basic. It's a great and free tool to organise, cut and repair 3D files, especially for mocking up what armours you're wanting to do. In doing so, I first cut apart the torso and boot pieces to make them more inline with the Red Team variant of MKIV, as well as making them fit within the lines of the SPARTAN-IV undersuits (this included cutting up the FUD codpiece and turning it into the cod protector on the undersuit itself). I'm also using the buttplate and fingers from the MKVI GEN1 upgrade from Halo 4, purely for ease of usability as well as wanting to keep it simple. Without further ado, the mixmatch images!

Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 9.10.50.png
Front of the MKIV
Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 9.11.00.png
Back of the MKIV
Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 9.11.05.png
Side view of the MKIV
Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 9.11.13.png
Overhead of the MKIV

A lot of the pieces are phasing with each other, which is a problem within the application, but will be formed together once I begin building. Tomorrow I'll be heading to a build day with Australian members Danielle J!NX and Bambii, which will yield pictures at some point in the next couple of days. I may be a little slow at updating, but I'll keep you all in the know! Stay tuned :)

That looks way cool! What material do you think you'll make it out of?

Thanks man! As I won't be able to pep them using normal methods, I'll be mocking up templates/stencils and cutting them out of foam. Then of course going through the normal process with that. I did ponder on using Worbla, but it might not be as efficient in a 5 week deadline :p

Fred's Shoulder Knives:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Wa...Shoulder-KnifeFred-HaloLegends-ThePackage.png
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Wa...-Knife-Fred-104-Halo-Legends-Frederic-104.jpg

Also, they released a Fred figurinee from the Package if I remember correctly, maybe that'll help ypu get more references

Thanks mate! Needed good pictures of his knives desperately. I did find a picture of the figurine which also helps heaps.

Unfortunately during the build day I ultimately decided that the files I was using are going to be too much work with 27 days before a con, so ultimately I've chosen to continue building everything except the chest piece as custom, which will be the Red Team MKIV from Halo Wars. Hopefully I can still get it done in time!

Can't wait to see what you make!
Are you going to revisit things after the con?

Thanks! And definitely! I'm hoping to have Fred's CENTURION GEN2 armour done, however if not I'll likely keep the armour to a good condition for future events in the event I can't get it done.

Any progress on Fred's Centurion armor? I'm starting this build too. I can't find the exact Centurion files for it so I'm having to use MC's MKVI from Halo 4 for reference because I don't see much of a difference. What are your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back