• No?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KellyKell

here are some progress photos of my Linda cosplay? Made entirely out of EVA foam. This is the part of the project where i filled in the gaps. Still needs a little bit more sanding and then the prime coat of paint. I used a pepakura file and then found which pieces would make it easier to build out of the foam I had on hand. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask! I am very excited to keep this going. Also, if anyone has any ideas on how to better my work please tell me. I am always open to new suggestions.

Attachments

• bicep:tricep.jpg
    bicep:tricep.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 319
  • shoulders.jpg
    shoulders.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 323
  • upperarm.jpg
    upperarm.jpg
    719.8 KB · Views: 335
You're doing great. Only improvement I would suggest is keeping you blade sharp, which you probably already know. To keep cost down and make your blades go further, get a blade sharpener from a hardware store.

here are some progress photos of my Linda cosplay? Made entirely out of EVA foam. This is the part of the project where i filled in the gaps. Still needs a little bit more sanding and then the prime coat of paint. I used a pepakura file and then found which pieces would make it easier to build out of the foam I had on hand. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask! I am very excited to keep this going. Also, if anyone has any ideas on how to better my work please tell me. I am always open to new suggestions.
Looks good, and cant wait to see more. My only suggestion would be to try and get your peices to look as clean as possible, and not rely on kwickseal. It is a handy tool but gives you the impression that you can use it to fix all your problems

Looks good, and cant wait to see more. My only suggestion would be to try and get your peices to look as clean as possible, and not rely on kwickseal. It is a handy tool but gives you the impression that you can use it to fix all your problems
Thank you for your tips! I do try my best to change my blades out but I keep losing my sharpeners haha. But I appreciate it greatly!

Hey KellyKell, good work so far. I'm also working on the ARGUS suit.......off of Jax Jones (RvB) rather than Linda......I don't have the hips or other female parts for that matter........A sharp blade is all well and good but those are easy fixes. The harder aspects of a build are internal. Frustration, doubt, and insecurities are your worst enemies. Take your time to build it right rather than blast out piece after piece. You'll find that the more time and patience you spend on each "piece" will make the "whole" that much better. Take in constructive criticisms as a positive point of improvement rather than a slight against your work. And keep in mind, we are our own worst critic. What you see and what others see may be worlds apart. One persons trash is another's work of art. This is your build and not to compare w/ anyone else's. That was a hard lesson for me to learn while building my Centurion. I know that there are other Centurion suits out there that are WWWWAAAAAAYYYYYY better than mine.......but their suits aren't mine......my suit, is my suit....I put my time, effort, sweat, pain and yes, even some blood, into it, so in my book, it's better. Good luck on your build, and I look forward to seeing you all suited up in no time. If you have any questions......need advice......an ear to bend......you have plenty of people here to help. Welcome to the 405th!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back