Spartan loadout

Status
Not open for further replies.

PillarofAutumn

From a tactical standpoint, would it be wiser for a Spartan whose long gun is a BR85/BR85N to have a magnum or a SMG as sidearm?

In my opinion (not based on canon, mind you) I would say he would carry a magnum. A BR is an general-purpose battlfield weapon, so a submachine would probably be overkill. All he would need is the magnum as an emergency backup in case his main gun went down.

I could see that. I'm just wary of two precision weapons if the BR is down and an enemy gets close (says the guy who uses BR/DMR and magnum as much as possible lol). I'm trying to pick a loadout for when I get my OC armor build done

I could see that. I'm just wary of two precision weapons if the BR is down and an enemy gets close (says the guy who uses BR/DMR and magnum as much as possible lol). I'm trying to pick a loadout for when I get my OC armor build done

Yeah, like in context of gameplay that makes sense. But based on real-world military that would be my assumption. What does OC stand for? Probably obvious.. but I don't know. :cautious:

Spartan S068 is very specialized for close quarters chaos, light armour, high field of vision CQB helmet, Armour Lock for when things get dicey. An M6G for quick shots when closing the gap and an M45 to say "knock knock". Once the Type-2 Energy Weapon/Hammer is finished I'll still keep the M6G on the thigh and figure out a mounting system for the M45 on the back.

The most important part though is the combat knife, I don't have anything in my loadout for extreme ranges so I have to resort to FPS Doug tactics of "everybody runs faster with a knife.
41964622_231135901087619_6509243307564990464_n.jpg

Spartan S068 is very specialized for close quarters chaos, light armour, high field of vision CQB helmet, Armour Lock for when things get dicey. An M6G for quick shots when closing the gap and an M45 to say "knock knock". Once the Type-2 Energy Weapon/Hammer is finished I'll still keep the M6G on the thigh and figure out a mounting system for the M45 on the back.

The most important part though is the combat knife, I don't have anything in my loadout for extreme ranges so I have to resort to FPS Doug tactics of "everybody runs faster with a knife.
View attachment 259953

My plan with S097 (designation pending on rules for how designations are determined and when I can claim one) is that he prefers to engage at medium to long range with the BR85. I like the M6 for short-medium range from a gameplay standpoint, but part of me says that tactically a longer-range combatant would have a short-range, high(-ish)-damage secondary to address any hostiles who get too close

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back