Spartan Mark VI Forearm

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Black Hatter

I understand having room for muscles but why is it that there is like, 1 1/2 inches on each side on my arm? Am i just supposed to fill it with foam so it fits better? Or could it just be that im a scrawny long armed weirdo!

I understand having room for muscles but why is it that there is like, 1 1/2 inches on each side on my arm? Am i just supposed to fill it with foam so it fits better? Or could it just be that im a scrawny long armed weirdo!
:O or it could be both! :p jk ... yes padding..... make it snug so it doesnt fall off but not so snug it makes your arm numb :p

the unfortunate part about modeling master chief is that he's immensely large. us "scrawny long armed weirdos" dont stand a chance fitting into his armor. the best thing i can suggest is scaling your pep as best you can to fit you, and pad the rest.

I have a few unrealated but just as pressing questions.

First, i have the files for the Mark VI thigh, however it doesnt have the ridged vent looking things on the inner leg. I was curious if anyone had the file for said piece. The Halo-wiki only has the one thats has a huge hole where it should be.

Second, how would you suggest i put in the visor. For instance, when cuting out the cardstock/resin visor, should i leave a small ledge around the hold and glue the cut visor onto those similar to glue tabs, or is there some magic way?

Hopefully, you can help me.

I have a few unrealated but just as pressing questions.

First, i have the files for the Mark VI thigh, however it doesnt have the ridged vent looking things on the inner leg. I was curious if anyone had the file for said piece. The Halo-wiki only has the one thats has a huge hole where it should be.

Hopefully, you can help me.

Use the High Def Thigh. It has those ridge looiing vents.
http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/Pepakura_File_Index

I'm having to re-pep mine due to a scaling error.
Good luck!

Put the visor in useing hot glue Hot glue. That is how most people do it Im going to try useing washers screwas and sutch.

Put the visor in useing hot glue Hot glue. That is how most people do it Im going to try useing washers screwas and sutch.
hot glue only works if it is exactly perfect... i should know i tried putting welders visor in my scout helmet with that... within wearing it 30 mins it popped out..... i would use this stuff you can get from walmart its with the shoes made by tana in a silver tube has some leather shoes o nthe tube... its called shoe goo or glu or summin its made by tana....or if you can find it ...this stuff is even better its in a red tube and called shoe goo red tube white writing.. this is the ultimate stuff to use if you can find it..i found it once at a flea market... it doesnt fog lexan ( im a radio control guy) but the tan stuff works wonderfully you can even leave a little gap at the bottom of your visor for venting so the lense doesnt fog :D .... all in all death to hot glue and all hail others shoe glues! except for ones not mentioned....cause they have too much solvent in them

hot glue only works if it is exactly perfect... i should know i tried putting welders visor in my scout helmet with that... within wearing it 30 mins it popped out..... i would use this stuff you can get from walmart its with the shoes made by tana in a silver tube has some leather shoes o nthe tube... its called shoe goo or glu or summin its made by tana....or if you can find it ...this stuff is even better its in a red tube and called shoe goo red tube white writing.. this is the ultimate stuff to use if you can find it..i found it once at a flea market... it doesnt fog lexan ( im a radio control guy) but the tan stuff works wonderfully you can even leave a little gap at the bottom of your visor for venting so the lense doesnt fog :D .... all in all death to hot glue and all hail others shoe glues! except for ones not mentioned....cause they have too much solvent in them

Not saying that shoe glue won't work as I've never tried it for that only ever used it for foam latex.
But and I'm sorry but it really winds me up when I see people giving advice and not actually knowing what they are talking about.
Hotglue is perfect for fitting a motorcycle visor into a MK VI Helmet if it pops out then you have not done it correctly!!!!
A good craftsman does not blame his tools!!!!!
If your going to give advice aleast get your own facts straight!!!!!
and as for leaving a gap at the bottom ...ppffffttt yes if you want to make a half cocked helmet... otherwise install a small fan underneath the visor this will eliminate any fogging and also give you a refreshing breeze on your face ...as when your wearing the helmet for sometime it can get a little warm and the breeze helps alot.
LETS SEE YOUR SMALL GAP DO THAT PFFFT!!!

Not saying that shoe glue won't work as I've never tried it for that only ever used it for foam latex.
But and I'm sorry but it really winds me up when I see people giving advice and not actually knowing what they are talking about.
Hotglue is perfect for fitting a motorcycle visor into a MK VI Helmet if it pops out then you have not done it correctly!!!!
A good craftsman does not blame his tools!!!!!
If your going to give advice aleast get your own facts straight!!!!!
and as for leaving a gap at the bottom ...ppffffttt yes if you want to make a half cocked helmet... otherwise install a small fan underneath the visor this will eliminate any fogging and also give you a refreshing breeze on your face ...as when your wearing the helmet for sometime it can get a little warm and the breeze helps alot.
LETS SEE YOUR SMALL GAP DO THAT PFFFT!!!
are you attempting to say i know nothing? i have more starwars helmets than you will ever have in pep helmets.... hot glue is asinine and a temporary fix... it isnt a chemical bond that is why it is temporary and it also doesnt flex enough..... shoe goo however chemically bonds and is very flexible..... all i have to say is think before you speak sir.....cause when you speak out like that you sound noobish... and in some helmets there isnt room for a fan like you described...only fans i have in my scout helmet is on near each ear... and they are very small...and contemplaiting on taking them out.... when it comes to fitting cyclevisors or thick welding visor i think you know very little.... and im sorry to say this but are ahack for using hotglue.. if you were ever to sell a helmet on ebay and were to hotglue the visor in... that would be unnaceptable...... you want to try to make your product as finished as possible... even if it is for yourself.... hotglue just doesnt cut it anywhere except for when you are assembling your cardstock pep frame to glass....

Ow my look at me I have PURCHASED My own helmets so that makes me an expert. Even though my remarks about Hotglue are totally wrong. Get a grip
I however did say I have not used Shoe Glue for this purpose so I can not say if its any good or not ...You saying try shoe glue was never the issue.
However Hotglue does flex and hotglue is perfect for placing a Visor in the MKVI helmet ..at no point did I mention a starwars helmet of any kind. Infact this thread of questions are not about starwars helmets.
Since I have made a MK VI HD Helmet I would like to think I know what I'm talking about and I'm sure there's plenty here on the 405th that have also used the same method will also back me up.
As for saying you have more helmets than me...maybe you have maybe you havn't you have no idea how many pieces I have made but I really don't care since I actually made mine.
Also my suggest on fitting a fan to the inside of the helmet ..WELL SIR since we are once again talking about the MK VI Helmet and not a STARWARS helmet I think I win again because guess what I've fitted said fan to the inside of my helmet and there is plenty of room and once again I'm sure fellow 405th members who have MADE the MKVI helmet will also agree.
Whats next you going to start going on about lightsabers now? You gonna say your's is bigger???
Or shall we move totally off topic and compare who has the fastest car ? may as well since the question was asking about a HALO MKVI helmet and your spouting off about Starwars Helmets that have a totally different curvature to them.
I made my Helmet over 1 year ago and guess what the Hot Glue is still holding the visor firmly in place mmmm kind of a long time for a Temporary Fix wouldn't you say!!!

o.o Yowza, break it up you two. This isnt helping me at all, and its not constructive iin anyway. If i remember correctly, one of the rules here on 405th is to be understanding of difference in opinion. Maybe shoe glue does work , im not sure. I know for a fact that hotglue works, otherwise statistcis is based off of a flawed mechanic. (If 90% of people using hot glue get thier visor to stick, it works.)

if you want to continue this, take it to email, DX

o.o Yowza, break it up you two. This isnt helping me at all, and its not constructive iin anyway. If i remember correctly, one of the rules here on 405th is to be understanding of difference in opinion. Maybe shoe glue does work , im not sure. I know for a fact that hotglue works, otherwise statistcis is based off of a flawed mechanic. (If 90% of people using hot glue get thier visor to stick, it works.)

if you want to continue this, take it to email, DX

im saying i have a better experience with the goo than the hot glue... i just want less aggrivation for you... it will take over night to set though.... maybe combining both methods could help....... rimming the pep visor area with goo sorta of like peppering a ceasar glass :p and then spots of hot glue on the actual visor to hold it in place like a clamp.... and then add a little weight to the back of the visor to make sure its seated... then wait :p

I've said all I need to on this subject you can take my advice or not it's up to you ... just speaking from actual experience.

I've said all I need to on this subject you can take my advice or not it's up to you ... just speaking from actual experience.
and you think im not? im the only one who has been posting whom has used both methods for putting in visors... and i prefer the goo over the hot glue..... you said yourself youve only put hot glue on hte visors and the goo on some foam latex or w/e

wook111 I guess your one of those people that just has to have the last word. Look I have not stated that Goo will not work I have merely stated that you are wrong about Hotglue end of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back