Spartan Mk Vi Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afr0Blu3

Jr Member
OK, I did have a topic about this but it's hidden so many pages back it doesn't warrant reviving. I'm rebuilding my armour - last time I made it out of RoboGenesis medium detail files, this time I'm using high detail Peps. I've just finished resinning and fiberglassing the new helmet and put a preliminary coat of paint on it so I could get a rough idea of how it'll look. It still needs another coat of paint, applied more evenly this time, and then black areas and the white stripe along the top filled in.

Here's how it looks in direct comparison to my old helmet. There was some slight warping but it still looks pretty good overall.

Front:

SDC10818.jpg

Side:

SDC10819.jpg

Back:

SDC10820.jpg

Top:

SDC10817.jpg

Thanks. Dunno if I'll bother with bondo as it's looking pretty badass as is, and once painted it'll no doubt look even better.

I was thinking of making a mold of this helmet, then casting one in plastic for me to wear and one for my friend to wear but I have absolutely no idea how to go about this. Or rather, I don't know what products are the UK equivalent of the brands etc recommended in most tutorial topics. Anyone got any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back