Spartan

Discussion in 'Halo Soft Parts' started by TSCGCobra043, Jul 21, 2017.

1. TSCGCobra043

TSCGCobra043 New Member

I'm going to be doing a somewhat low budget costume. I will have a helmet and I'm aiming to just have an undersuit and gloves along with some pretty realistic looking guns. I found a wet suit pretty cheap and I was wondering if it looked like a mark II space suit, from before the received their armor and John 117 was on his first mission where he was shot. I've attached the image below
    Screenshot (105).png

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    PerniciousDuke likes this.
  2. Cadet

Cadet Executive Officer Division Staff 405th Regiment Officer

The big thing is whether this is a Dive Skin or a true "Wet Suit."

You do not want to use a true Wet Suit as your under armor base. A true Wet Suit, made from neoprene or a similar substance is thick and designed to help retain body heat while you are diving. Intentionally retaining heat is the last thing you want to do on a costume. Costumes are already tend to be very hot and adding additional heat retention is a recipe for Heat Stroke.

A simple lycra or spandex Dive Skin is not designed to hold in heat and is much better suited as a one piece under armor base, and can be found for around $45.

FlyinPhil and PerniciousDuke like this.
  3. TSCGCobra043

TSCGCobra043 New Member

It's Lycra, here's the link http://www.divers-supply.com/hender...BoCoy4QAvD_BwE#product_tabs_additional_tabbed

4. Cadet

Ah, it's a Henderson. Used one of those as the under Suit on my Strontrooper for a few years. Yes, Lycra is a safe option, breathes well. You should be able to find a Henderson Dive Skin for less than that price though.

Sounds like you are going for the Fall of Reach comic version of the outfit. That should be a good base. You will need to add some of the additional details either by gluing like craft foam or urethane rubber details to the base suit, or by airbrushing or another paint method.

5. TSCGCobra043

TSCGCobra043 New Member

What details do you have in mind? I'm asking because the only pictures I could find were fairly poor and in the shadows. I'm not really experienced with cloth so I don't think airbrushing would be a good decision. plastic though I can work with

6. Cadet

I can get some pictures from my copy of the Fall of Reach graphic novel this weekend, but there is a definite patterned or layered appearance to the suit, most of it mimicking muculature.

7. CommanderPalmer

CommanderPalmer Membership Officer

Um... It won't be easy to pull of. John-117 and others didn't have MJOLNIR helmets, so you'd need ODST helmet instead.

This is from Fall of Reach graphic novel, how their suits looked like. A simple lycra suit alone won't do, you'll have a lot on that.
    It is still easier and way less detailed than what the Animated Series had... but also way less consisted as pretty much each shot shows something different.

30_19.jpg

Blueteam_Splash.png

4242047-03.480x480-75+%281%29.jpg

Halo Fall of Reach Animated Series basically showed techsuits very similar to GEN2 in Halo 5.

HTFoR_AS_-_John_01.jpg

HTFoR_AS_-_Blue_Team_returns.jpg

8. TSCGCobra043

TSCGCobra043 New Member

the point of the suit is to be relatively cheap due to armor being expensive. if I get the suit with the helmet most regular people will not know the difference. it's not supposed to be 100% accurate. just enough to push the concept into people's heads

9. CommanderPalmer

CommanderPalmer Membership Officer

No one here said about that techsuit being expensive, just that it will require some work.

10. TSCGCobra043

TSCGCobra043 New Member

do you think acrylic paint on top of the suit might work?