Spartans In 'halo: Reach'

Status
Not open for further replies.

the stig

Well-Known Member
haloreach3fin.jpg


Is there ANY way I can get a better scan of this?

Reason being Emile, Not sure if I'm the only one who noticed, But his helmet is certainly not the EVA-like one we've seen elsewhere. You can tell by the back of what we see here.

I'm guessing this has something to do with the "Customizable armor, to a degree". Anyway I can't see Emile at all because of the lighting, If anyone else has any sources, would be nice?



Thanks.



EDIT: Carters helmet also doesn't match up with the trailers version, I'm guessing we're seeing some early concept art?
 

the stig

Well-Known Member
SchizophrenicMC said:
I shoulda stole Miguel's copy and scanned it, myself. I'll try to do that on Wednesday, if no one else has some high-res scans up.

I've searched and searched, they're the only ones it seems. If you could do that it would be great to get some better pictures of the armor.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

RaspyOrangutan

Active Member
I so envy you guys state side, Game informer is available in the UK (at least I don't think so, I've looked) I'll have to wait until Edge article later this month, but I doubt it'll be as expansive as the GI one.
 

S1l3nt V1p3r

Sr Member
The Stig said:
Do note everyone in this thread, this trailer is not Final.

The first Halo Wars trailer we got was inaccurate massively, with the new unseen armor Perm. But before we knew it they had completely redesigned it.

The same goes for ODST, back when it was "Halo 3: Recon", Thee were no teammates, just you on your own, until they came at a new direction, and decided to add more story with extra characters, changing the title to ODST. We could expect some massive changes, Maybe the whole Perm problem being Spartan II armor. Maybe they wont be Spartan III's. Nobody knows, I'm guessing not much will change, but I'm just telling everyone not to get too stressed at the new information, as much could change in the future.



We'll see when the BETA comes out this Spring. Nothing much changed from Halo 3's BETA to the full game, I guess we can expect the same with Reach. But until then, anything can change.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

SchizophrenicMC

Well-Known Member
Well, that being said, they don't take characters out as much as insert them. I'll admit, the features of the existing ones are subject to change, but, the big picture probably won't. We have our silent LoneWolf main character, Carter's the leader, Jorge is the heavy, Kat's missing an arm, Jun's got sniper gear, and Emile's got a skull scratched into his visor. Big things like that won't change. The less memorable details, though, probably will.
 

Reno

New Member
Rolling back to an earlier portion of the debate, I'm perplexed as to how this 'destroys' the canon? Maybe I'm just missing it. To the best of my knowledge, while only 2 S-III's were recovered off Pegasi, it is entirely feasible that either others made it(as inferrances to multiple pickup ships are there), or had been withdrawn for 'other missions'.

Pertaining to the match-up with Reach, Fred and the rest made ground fall on 2552. But the Alpha Company was produced on 2531, meaning that allowing for slipspace travel reducing aging, it makes a fair bit of sense as to the current setup for Noble Team, as they don't look like they're 12. They look to be into their 20's.

As for the mashup on what happens during Reach, we have a good stretch of time between when Fred departed from the team holding the generators, and when they get the final transmissions for them planning to use the nukes from being overrun. It's noted, also, that Charlie Company received reinforcements at some point during the initial hold for the generators, so there are 2 points where Noble Team, if they even took part in holding the generators, could have made an appearance.

They could also have easily worked in other portions on Reach, as the landfall of the covenant were dropped at the poles(I believe) and then started targeting strategic locations such as the generator. So pretty much any spot on the planet could have conflicts Noble Team could be a part of.

That, and as others have said, it's exceedingly likely that the game would span multiple planets/locals, as every game but ODST has done in the past.
 

Linkavich

New Member
Zendric said:
I added a few more things to my post if you want to look them over.



Another thing, The EVA guy is probably Fred, as one thing that stood out to me in the books is Fred was always playing with his knife, and I think he was the one who loved explosives, but that may be Sam, im not sure.





It can't be Fred as he is on the other side of the planet protecting the MAC generators....or plummeting to the surface of the planet with the rest of Blue team.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Trooper Cooper

Well-Known Member
Reno said:
Rolling back to an earlier portion of the debate, I'm perplexed as to how this 'destroys' the canon? Maybe I'm just missing it. To the best of my knowledge, while only 2 S-III's were recovered off Pegasi, it is entirely feasible that either others made it(as inferrances to multiple pickup ships are there), or had been withdrawn for 'other missions'.

Pertaining to the match-up with Reach, Fred and the rest made ground fall on 2552. But the Alpha Company was produced on 2531, meaning that allowing for slipspace travel reducing aging, it makes a fair bit of sense as to the current setup for Noble Team, as they don't look like they're 12. They look to be into their 20's.

As for the mashup on what happens during Reach, we have a good stretch of time between when Fred departed from the team holding the generators, and when they get the final transmissions for them planning to use the nukes from being overrun. It's noted, also, that Charlie Company received reinforcements at some point during the initial hold for the generators, so there are 2 points where Noble Team, if they even took part in holding the generators, could have made an appearance.

They could also have easily worked in other portions on Reach, as the landfall of the covenant were dropped at the poles(I believe) and then started targeting strategic locations such as the generator. So pretty much any spot on the planet could have conflicts Noble Team could be a part of.

That, and as others have said, it's exceedingly likely that the game would span multiple planets/locals, as every game but ODST has done in the past.



It destroys the canon because the name sequence suggests that the Spartan IIIs are effectively the second class of Spartan IIs.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

SchizophrenicMC

Well-Known Member
Reno said:
Destroys canon?

It destroys the canon because if anything is said differently here than it was in TFoR, (say they say anything about the SPARTAN-IIs defending the generators, and that they list the wrong number of them, or maybe they say something wrong about the Chief's space op, or even the use of the tac nuke on the Covenant ship) whatever they say becomes new canon. It's Bungie's franchise, and what they say goes. If any of the above occurs, TFoR becomes wrong.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Spawn Camp3r

Well-Known Member
I was just thinking, that even though these are spartan IIIs, the mark 4 armor is now more available in a "used" format since all the spartan IIs were upgraded to mark 5 right beforehand. This thinking makes me feel a little more at ease. Also it is possible that noble team consists of other companies that alpha, beta, or gamma seeing as in military lettering there should be a charlie, delta, echo, and foxtrot. And if reach was under attack I'm sure they would pull out all the stops including classified projects. Also it would be important to note that reach is a Planet not just a country, so we may never see the generators or any of red team.



What bugs me the most though is the new weapons and covenant classes. I think adding in more covenant species every game is a little out of hand. and on top of that I dislike the complete redesign of the classic weapons such as the AR, also wtf is the DMR (I know what it is but I like the BR burst fire better.)
 

Chernobyl

Sr Member
Precisely.



It's entirely feasible that the S-IIIs have modified Mk IV armor previously used by the S-IIs, given that the original SII class was upgraded to Mk V armor (according to the Halo 3 description, Mk V armor was fielded from 2542 onwards). And given that The Fall of Reach never even mention Noble Team, it's reasonable to assume that the events in each won't cause too much problems with each other. Most likely the events in these two stories won't even intersect, save for perhaps Fred jamming the battle-net with his open broadcast by accident.
 

Ronster

Active Member
Spawn Camp3r said:
I was just thinking, that even though these are spartan IIIs, the mark 4 armor is now more available in a "used" format since all the spartan IIs were upgraded to mark 5 right beforehand.



But the screenshots clearly show that you will have energy shields, something that wasn't offered on the Mjolnir until MK V...



Unless Bungie is pulling a Halo Wars and throwing it in just for the sake of gameplay... which wouldn't make sense cause ODST did just fine without "shields" (even though they had practically the same thing with "stamina")...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

ImaGonnaGetYou

Well-Known Member
Spawn Camp3r said:
What bugs me the most though is the new weapons and covenant classes. I think adding in more covenant species every game is a little out of hand. and on top of that I dislike the complete redesign of the classic weapons such as the AR, also wtf is the DMR (I know what it is but I like the BR burst fire better.)



If they didn't make changes, it'd be, essentially, a higher-resolution Halo 1 with a different story. Sure, it may throw in a bit of complications in terms of story, but you guys really seem to forget that Bungie puts gameplay in front of story, always. They've just been extremely successful at wrapping the story around it.



Plus, guys, the reason they're adding energy shields and making changes is because they are trying to keep the attributes that define the Halo series. This is Halo, after all, Bungie isn't going to make this Call of Halo or something just to preserve the story.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

SchizophrenicMC

Well-Known Member
Perhaps, then, they're using a new variant of SPI, designed to be more like MJOLNIR MkV. We know nothing, so far, and the only thing we do know is Jorge is wearing MJOLNIR, because he is an SII. For all we know, that could be the Semi-Powered Infiltration Armor/MkII, a shielded variant. I mean, when the SPI was invented and fielded, they still hadn't reverse-engineered the Jackal shield. And, so, out of cost-effect, they simply gave their expendables the same, old armor. Now, there are only 6 (And one doesn't even count, because he's an SII) on Reach, making them somewhat less expendable. I wouldn't be too surprised if a few shield units were thrown together at CASTLE or the like and grafted to their armor.



Given that we know almost nothing about the SPI, it's a pretty reasonable theory. It would also explain the new Sprint ability, since the lightweight armor that only has some powered functions can't keep up a full run for extended periods, like fusion-powered MJOLNIR.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top