Spawnd's Mkvi Armor W.i.p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xenovidx

June 6, 2009

Today I took my steps out into the world and purchased all the necessary materials needed to begin the pep work on my lovely armor. Being the daring noob I am, I decided to forgo the low res pep files and start right on the HD work, you're welcome to laugh at me if you choose, but I like the challenge. :)

IMG00031.jpg

(Sorry for the bad quality, cell phone was all I had available.)

I decided to try using Locktite super glue instead of the hot glue method. I wanted to try something new and see how it works out. I'll keep you all posted on my results!

AT LAST! PROGRESS!

Sorry for the necro of my topic, but it took me this long to be able to post again! Motherboard fried in my computer :(

But in good news, I have finished a pep of the Low Def helmet. I know I was originally planning on doing the HD parts, but with halloween only a few months away, and this being my first pep experience, I've decided to take the easy road for my first set of armor.

Pictures below, comments and critiques welcome!

IMG00046.jpg

IMG00049.jpg

IMG00050.jpg

IMG00051.jpg

I'm also about 90% complete pep work on a shotgun but I'm not sure if I'll actually finish it due to my disappointment in how it turned out.

wow, lookin good ^^

can't wait to see the rest. an you should definitely show the progress with your weapon too if you aren't doing it elsewhere already ^^

Nice helmet. I have recently started my own project. Im starting up the mark vi chest. So hopefully it will look good. But that helmet is awesome. You have to show off the weapon when you are ready.

ba2808 said:
helmet looks great for your first time now its time to resin it and fiberglass it.

Thanks everyone! The only problem i have with it is the chin vents just.... don't look right to me, I dunno, i'm hoping i can fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Necroing my own post. Halloween arrived and I finished the costume mere hours before taking it out. Sadly it didn't hold together more than a few hours. I had tried hot gluing my straps to the inside of the pieces but they would eventually let go. So it lasted maybe 2 hours before it selfdestructed XD but it was worth it for all the compliments I got on it, Pictures below!

Also, if you're wondering why the cod piece is in several sections, I had sized it too small and didn't have time to remake it, so I just cut it and made it into a belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back