Spike Grenade project

Status
Not open for further replies.

wadoman

New Member
Well after sucessfully completing my first project (Frag Grenade) I now move to my next..The Spike Grenade. This will be more time consuming and difficult in contruction and intricacy. I have finished basic CAD contruction. It will feature working lights, cnc'd metal blades(maybe sharp maybe not), leather wrapped handle and probly going to continue with the screw in method of construction like the Frag grenade. Still working out how to do the electronics and how to activate the lights. There are two sets of lights constant blue lights and orange activated lights. Maybe just a basic switch inside to keep it simple(you'd have to unscrew it to get to it). Cant think of any other way right now to do it without making it horribly complicated. I want to keep it moderatly simple but functional.

Here is the basic CAD version



This will take some time, but I will keep everyone posted and as always crits good or bad and ideas welcome
 

FinnishSpartan

Well-Known Member
You could use some sort of a pipe for the handle end and on the spike end you could use some srt of a bigger pipe then add clay untop of that then make the blades and stick them on the clay, Cant wait!!!

-Finnish
 

wadoman

New Member
Finnish_Spartan said:
You could use some sort of a pipe for the handle end and on the spike end you could use some srt of a bigger pipe then add clay untop of that then make the blades and stick them on the clay, Cant wait!!!

HAHA thats exactly what I am doing. I am using pvc for the handle and the basic shape of the top with clay to shape the top and add detail. Basicaly how I did the Nade. And in the end they will be cast.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Vader

Member
You may be able to find a table leg at Lowe's that could work for the basic shape and add the other stuff to it. Could be a little easier than working with PVC pipe. Just a suggestion's all.
 

cemretas

Member
All you need.

Two pipes, one long metal for grip, one narrowing pipe for the top.
Weld steel rolls for inverts and ramps

Then slap on some steel spikes and done.
Maybe you can load some gunpowder and actual spikes inside?
 

FinnishSpartan

Well-Known Member
DMASTER said:
HAHA thats exactly what I am doing. I am using pvc for the handle and the basic shape of the top with clay to shape the top and add detail. Basicaly how I did the Nade. And in the end they will be cast.

Great minds think the Same! (except i'm not that great, i guess).
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Ronster

Active Member
You going to try to keep it to scale? The one in the 3rd arms race video was huge (as long as your forearm).
 

wadoman

New Member
Ronster said:
You going to try to keep it to scale? The one in the 3rd arms race video was huge (as long as your forearm).

Yes im going to try and keep it to scale. Right now mine measures 15.3 inches top to bottom.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

wadoman

New Member
Vader said:
You may be able to find a table leg at Lowe's that could work for the basic shape and add the other stuff to it. Could be a little easier than working with PVC pipe. Just a suggestion's all.

I actualy dont mind working with PVC. Its easy to use in my lathe and easy to machine and I like using it for the threads.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Zaso117

Well-Known Member
And this should be nontheless as stunning as the first

We should give you a title,

DMASTER: Official 'nade supplier of the 405th
 

nemo81

New Member
yes, this is a grenade that I want to be built. finaly i don't make it. it's a good project, and not verry dificult ! ;)
 

wadoman

New Member
nemo81 said:
yes, this is a grenade that I want to be built. finaly i don't make it. it's a good project, and not verry dificult ! ;)

Yeah but the trick is figuring out how to attach the blades. I thought maybe make slots that they can be glued into. Im not sure how strong that would be though. It may be good enough and alot easier to construct. My other thought was welding each set of blades together at their ends to form a plus shape( + ). Then sliding them into precut slots. This way is much stronger, but alot more work. I dont know yet I'll see.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

wadoman

New Member
@Spartan 051 No im not turning it into a Pep model.

@SPaRtaN-1I7 Hey thanks for the help, but the blades are going to be fixed.
 

silvercookie

Well-Known Member
damn nice

should use pvc for the handle

and then get a sheet of tin and tin sheers and make the spikes/prongs out of metal.

then heat them up with a torch and push them into the plastic.

thats how i attach metal pieces to plastic. is pretty strong bond too.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top