Props Spike Grenade Variations

Status
Not open for further replies.

smick6

I was looking at some spike grenade pics and I noticed some differences from the Weta one and in game screens. The in game one is very angular while the Weta one is rounded. Do you think the in game one is like that because of grapical limits? Is it supposed to be cylindrical or angular. Did Weta just take the easy way out when making them? A rounded one is way less complex than the angular one. Would people want the angle version or rounded version, what would be your preference. I guess it could be either way, the Spiker is angular and rounded. What do you guys think?

probably graphic limitations. To save some poly's, they tend to make items square/hex/etc, and put a graphic illusion to make it appear round. ;)

box o crayons said:
yea i agree with adam angulare looks better

How many flat /sides does it have? Anyone have a pic with a top down view? It looks like its 8 sided.
I did start a round version but I might scrap it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its just like the WETA battle rifle compared to the Halo 3 battle rifle. There are many differances. There are 20mm rails on the WETA BR and the Halo 3 BR has none. The WETA BR handle is differant then the Halo 3 BR. There are changes between the WETA weapons and the Halo 3 weapons because the WETA weapons are ment to be more real life and practicle.

Just my 2-cents.

CHEERS!

I think the angular one looks better! I had looked at making one, but don't have the time right now. Supposed to be writing right now.

smick6 said:
How many flat /sides does it have? Anyone have a pic with a top down view? It looks like its 8 sided.
I did start a round version but I might scrap it.
That what i came up with because there were two faces for ever blade at the bottom

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, since the blades are in sets of four, and the large and small sets are offset 45° from each other I'd say eight sides. That way, all the blades could project from an edge.

Looking at the head of the grenade, it's just begging for some extra bas-relief details to make it more interesting when you see it in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back