Props SRS99D-S2 AM WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MandoMan531

i know i know guys, too much started already. but oh well, i get bored waiting for bondo and resing and everything to dry so i start other stuff. heres a little sneak peek of my freehand of the main body of the Sniper Rifle. this thing is gonna be HUGE!

The MA5C receiver in the pic for comparison is from the same MA5C i compared with my BR in my Battle Rifle WIP thread. So you can get an idea of how big it is going to be.

Picture197.jpg

Picture198.jpg

I promise ill stop posting so much LOL.

Seno 'Ypsamee said:
It looks good for freehand, but you do know there is a pep file for the sniper, right?
You do know that there was a pep file for the BR as well... before he started it.
-Fin(n)ish

EDIT: i think you should keep all your weapon props in one topic... the mods dont like 1000000... of topics.
(as i know from my own experience).

Last edited by a moderator:
yea i now, too many topics. this will be the last one i post for awhile.

i dont wanan go and start another thread just to put them all in, because idk how to delete the other ones.

and yea i know theres pep files for everything, but with my armor and stuff, i was getting tired of cutting and scoring and gluing.

the Battle rifle file was a halo 2 model and rather than modify it, i built it from scratch. I made the SMG too, but it was a sub-par model so i rebuilt it.

all the white board im using is 5mm Foam core. if you dont know what it is, go to a local craft store and look for posterboard. its a pvc foam sandwiched between 2 peices of regular posterboard, its made by Elmers...the same Elmers that makes glue. it really is a great material to work with.

thanks alot, going to work on the BR now. ill get to the sniper while primer is drying. i also grabbed a few cardboard packing materials like some large tubes, rings etc. very sturdy stuff. thats for the Spanker....

bit of an update. made the Magazine and spaced the side peices to make the main body. i included a pic of how i got the rough shape of the body around the grip area. if you look at the in game model youll know what i mean. it appears the rifle is wider near the mag and along to the top of the stock. the underside of the stock and the grip are a bit thinner. Im actually EXTREMELY happy with this, as its the first one ive had no scaled measurements for, or a scaled pattern. (the BR i had Wizardofflights special 29" long blueprint he made me where specific sections had measurements to go with them and the M6G i just used the current schematic, cut just the side view out of it and resized it to fit one page in landscape and it turned out perfect.)

MORE PICS!..

Picture210.jpg

Picture209.jpg

Picture208.jpg

Picture207.jpg

Picture206.jpg

Wow... another project? Mando, man (no pun intended, lol)... just when are you going to get any of these done, if you keep adding to the pile?:lol:

Seriously, though... looks good already. Dammit, dude... now you've got me itching to have a go at something similar... :p

I really like how you're adding in the removable cartridges for all of your weapon builds. Just how do you plan on keeping them in place? Are you desigining them to be pressure-fit, or something else? Using magnets, perhaps? o_O

thanks alot for the support guys. yea i know i got a huge pile already, started my new helmet lastnight lol. once i get a project past the resin and bondo stages where its more time consuming, while i wait for primers to dry or filler to cure i immediately think "hmm i wonder what i could pull off now?" and start something new. at least i have a constant flow of projects to work on i guess lol.

i think tis is by far the most fun, simply because its so menacing. i mean seriously its a chore for me to hold it now with no barrel and no weight to it. its gonna be awesome. ill have to get a pic of me holding it.

and im using rare earth magnets for everything, to hold in mags, to hold weapons on back and thigh plates, to hold certain peices together etc.

Looking nice. So far I would say that it will turn out to be mold-worthy. Sweet job on it.

MandoMan531 said:
thanks alot for the support guys. yea i know i got a huge pile already, started my new helmet lastnight lol. once i get a project past the resin and bondo stages where its more time consuming, while i wait for primers to dry or filler to cure i immediately think "hmm i wonder what i could pull off now?" and start something new. at least i have a constant flow of projects to work on i guess lol.

i think tis is by far the most fun, simply because its so menacing. i mean seriously its a chore for me to hold it now with no barrel and no weight to it. its gonna be awesome. ill have to get a pic of me holding it.

and im using rare earth magnets for everything, to hold in mags, to hold weapons on back and thigh plates, to hold certain peices together etc.

BOLD # 1: Believe me, I'm the very same way. I don't know how many times I'll be in the middle of a prop project, and then get thinking about something else, and that inspires me to start working on something new. And I wonder why I don't have many finished pieces in my collection, lol.

BOLD # 2: Kewl! That's exactly what I was thinking of doing for the permutations I eventually plan on making for my standard Mk VI armour. Oh, and like you, for holding the Pistol to the thigh plate, or the AR to the back of the torso, heh.

I have poster board of the same material lying behind my tv..... **smacks head!
of course! ill try your method also =D (no biting intended) what are you gonna use for the barrell especially that coned top cylinder that goes before the barrel?
vrogy has some scaled drawings if you want pm him.

Finnish_Spartan said:
EDIT: i think you should keep all your weapon props in one topic... the mods dont like 1000000... of topics.
(as i know from my own experience).

Coming out from your mouth, it's pretty funny -j/k

Awesome start Mando ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back