SRS99D Sniper Rifle Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vrogy

Well-Known Member
quixand_prop said:
Wow.

Your work is absolutely beautiful.

Could you do the Lancer rifle next? Pretty Please?

http://gearsofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Lancer_Assault_Rifle
Hehe, chainswordmachineguns are silly.
I'm doing the Missile Pod next anyways, then the Spiker, then the Shotgun. Requests from the Halo universe are welcome.

Thanks for the praise, too, almost makes the hours of work worth it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

23Magnum

Well-Known Member
This is awesome. Saves me time from having to modeled this in Inventor (similar to Solidworks).

Excellent work. (y)

I'd almost hate to see how long the browser window is for this in Solidworks, with all the detail you put into it, it must be a couple hundred features long.
 

Vrogy

Well-Known Member
23Magnum said:
I'd almost hate to see how long the browser window is for this in Solidworks, with all the detail you put into it, it must be a couple hundred features long.
285. I used folders, so it wasn't that bad. On to the Missile Pod!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Vrogy

Well-Known Member
quixand_prop said:
Any chance of hosting an .OBJ?
If I can get one emailed to me, then someone else to check it and vouch for it, sure. I'd have one up already, but Solidworks doesn't export in that format.

If you're just looking for something to get into 3DSMAX, try the IGES or STEP I have up.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

guidwi

Jr Member
Doom said:
To bad it's to high poly for Pepakura, will be great for reference though.

-Doom
I think that's why he posted it doom. I know I'll be using it in Pep.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

dwoo

Jr Member
Doesn't it just figure... I posted last month asking if anyone had a model of the sniper rifle for dimensional ref for my prop rifle project. No one did, so I forged ahead with my MDF and PVC sniper rifle - getting dimensions the hard way.

@ Vrogy thanks for the great looking model.

I will look at this one closely when I get home tonight.
 
From what I can see from the pics (and from what Max managed to import from the formats you have) great work on the model.

Could you possible put up a file in the stl format as from what I read that is the best format for translation from Solidworks to Max (see this page for details)

Thanks and keep up the great work
 

Vrogy

Well-Known Member
Sinjinsmiley said:
From what I can see from the pics (and from what Max managed to import from the formats you have) great work on the model.

Could you possible put up a file in the stl format as from what I read that is the best format for translation from Solidworks to Max (see this page for details)

Thanks and keep up the great work
Sure thing.. but it'll probably be tomorrow. Also, if anyone can generate another version that they want to see hosted, just send it to me and get someone else to vouch for it, and I'll add it to my download page.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Doom

Well-Known Member
quixand_prop said:
I think that's why he posted it doom. I know I'll be using it in Pep.
It's to high poly for Pep, it will be impossible to layout well, and then fold it after that.

Have fun.

-Doom
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Vrogy

Well-Known Member
LastSpartan said:
Is it possible to open it in Maya 8.5?
Well, I'm sure you could look to see which formats I've hosted it in, then google or check what formats maya will open.

I'm not a railroad man.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top