Star Wars EP7 Rey Staff help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KamikazePigeon

Hi All!

Emerald City Comic Con is coming up in seattle in about 2 weeks, and my younger sister wants a Rey costume. We already have an idea for how to make the cotume itself, we're just a little stuck on the staff that she carries in the beginning of the movie. Could you help us out?

Thanks in advance,

KamikazePigeon

Well you could use various sizes of PVC pipes and use one main thickness for the main handle and the create different shapes with the thicker pipes. I hope that made sense.:(
A lot of people use this same technique to create custom lightsabers and you can find many video tutorials on youtube.
Good luck and I cant wait to see the progress and pics!!

Building on what chief said, you could also add cardboard pieces to the pvc to build up the different shapes (see what I did there? [emoji6])

"I'm just a witness"

If you have a 3d printer there's a super detailed model on Thingiverse http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1340344 .The files are designed to fit atound EMT conduit you might have to scale it defending on the height of the wielder.If you don't have a 3d printer you could still use the 3d print files as reference for all the bits and make them out of thin craft foam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back