Starcraft Pepakura?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M07Marauder

I'm not sure if anyone has done it but I believe that would be the greatest pep project ever.

To make the 'rine suit would be so badass.

For those who don't play Starcraft heres an image.
[attachment=8163:08.jpg]

Ok, yeah it would take ALOT of card stock. Now that I think about it, if you used some sort of foam it would work best.

there are a few starcraft peps out there... I have the gun of it in the pepakura request topic, and someone made a helmet. just hit the search function in the right corner above, i'm sure you'll find it.

rundown said:
there are a few starcraft peps out there... I have the gun of it in the pepakura request topic, and someone made a helmet. just hit the search function in the right corner above, i'm sure you'll find it.

No he is not wanting war hammer he wants the marine suit from starcraft 2 i have been trying to commission someone to do it for me but i have gotten no takers here is a picture of the suit. I even offered to commission for $ still not takers.. must be to hard to do i guess..

Last edited by a moderator:
marinesniper said:
No he is not wanting war hammer he wants the marine suit from starcraft 2 i have been trying to commission someone to do it for me but i have gotten no takers here is a picture of the suit. I even offered to commission for $ still not takers.. must be to hard to do i guess..

Not hard really,... More time taking.
Since it is a full suit. It wont be modeled in a day :p

kensai111 said:
Look into Vrogy's stuff here: http://vrogy.net/category/starcraft/

He used to be a member here before getting banned, but he's still plugging away and making some super cool progress on these Starcraft Marines.

Cheers,
Kensai

Yes but he will not let the file out till he builds he suit from steel i already ask :)

if you havent seen the complexity of the suit look at the second screenshot in this thread... if you have seen that but arent convinced its acurate... view vrogys website in another post for how the armor is sitting on a body... if your still not convinced that this whole suit will take a team of 5 to build and make perfect.. or roughly.. watch this starcraft 2 trailer where the marine is suited up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELhtXtnV3pg the high res video doesnt work here for somereson....

some nice models found there.. but i think this thread was for the suit. but at the same time the gun is awesome!

CommanderFluffy said:
some nice models found there.. but i think this thread was for the suit. but at the same time the gun is awesome!

Hey, it would be amazing all the same.

I'm going to practice alot with cardboard and I'm going to attempt the suit from scratch using cardboard and foam.

I will have to do a hunt for reference pictures, that and before I start this I need to finish my mark VI suit.

Look forward to this project in a couple of months though, I mean it when I say I will do it :p .

Hey Guys, finally can post here!!

Im wanting to build the SC suit too- its cool how they make the new design actually usable! like.. the parts could really work for an exoskeleton! We gotta get those files.. even though I have no idea how it can be made... but maybe thru pep...? :/

molds and casting plastic is gonna be SUPERR expensive.
it's gonna be hevy any way u do it.. needs to actually support itself some.

however you do it its gonna be a little like actually buildin a real suit.. O_O

best idea i have is to do 2-layerd plastic, vacformed.. an inside layer that can be padded and ride on your limbs, an an outside layer that have all the larger plates people see..

and the hands.. man.. they will be HARD.. anyone know a robot builder?

Hey Ter, watch the post dates... this is the second one your basically necroed.....Just so you know, i dont want to see you get into trouble lol :D

Lol, he literally just necroed it today.

It hit a month old today :lol: , cut him some slack on this one.

It's good to see this one come back to life though, It reminded me to update with my ideas on the project anyway.

Let me get a couple rough sketches down and after work tonight I will see if I can get those to you guys/gals :p .

Oh and Treribad, be careful what you say in your post some might take it as threadjacking. I don't mind though :lol: .

Since this thread has now been re-opened, I feel safe commenting :cautious:

I'd love to see someone make some decent Marine armor. All the costumes at BlizzCon are great, but there are almost never any from SC :( Any luck finding pep files, or are you going to have to custom build it? The last guy who actually made semi-decent Marine armor won the costume contest when he went. I hope what you build looks even better!

Sometime I want to make some Zealot armor. If so, maybe we could meet at some halfway point (or BlizzCon!)

P.S. Please don't let this die again :cry:

hey kelly your back on the site you vanished for a while... but on topic!

ive been playing with some models for sc also marine is really huge. the scale for a 6 foot person makes the suit almost 8-9 feet tall and a foo longer in the arns area. but i can see us just goofing it and pertending its the right scale and makeing it for actual use here with peoper scale not anything from blizzard scale

CommanderFluffy said:
hey kelly your back on the site you vanished for a while... but on topic!

ive been playing with some models for sc also marine is really huge. the scale for a 6 foot person makes the suit almost 8-9 feet tall and a foo longer in the arns area. but i can see us just goofing it and pertending its the right scale and makeing it for actual use here with peoper scale not anything from blizzard scale

i think we could use the arbiter tricks to make it work.. like the finger things and the platforms in the legs to make you taller.. it could work at "real" scale

the prolem i think would be hinging the different parts on each other, liek getting the knee to actually hinge while still being wearable.. i mean.. youll end up building a sort-of exoskeleton..

kensai111 said:
Look into Vrogy's stuff here: http://vrogy.net/category/starcraft/

He used to be a member here before getting banned, but he's still plugging away and making some super cool progress on these Starcraft Marines.
actully, we should get this guys 3d stuff.. i dont want to model all that crap again if it already has been done once. i can.. but i dont wanna.. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back