Started Cardboard Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDarkSpartan

Member DIN
S083
I have decided to do my first costume Ghost out of cardboard. When completed, the wearer should be able to be in full Spartan or ODST armor and slip it over them. With the suspenders attached to the ghost, the wearer will give the appearance that they are riding inside the ghost. I will also have handles inside to help balance the ghost and make it look like you're driving it as well. Any tips or suggestions is well appreciated.
Will update with pictures as I go.

Attachments

• 20211022_105157~2.jpg
    20211022_105157~2.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 159
Are you freehanding the patterns or have you got a Pepakura template to wokr off?

Are you freehanding the patterns or have you got a Pepakura template to wokr off?
Freehanding it so I can make adjustments as I go. Being out of cardboard it will look like a ghost but might not be as accurate as it should be. I'm better making stuff out tires than I am cardboard but I'm having fun.

Ran out of duct tape but fixed the size issue so I can safely stand in it. Only issue I see now is that it's going to bigger than originally planned. Was trying to make it comical but as close to accurate as possible. It'll look like a ghost but it will be almost Minecraft looking. Thoughts or suggestions?

Attachments

• 20211024_203552.jpg
    20211024_203552.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 145
Was able to get the back on. Looks good when on and in front of the mirror. Just have to hammer out a few minor issues then figure out how to cover all the tape so it doesn't look so tacky when painted. Any ideas? Was thinking maybe covering covering whole thing with tape or maybe covering it all in silicone. One thing is for sure is that I can't just paint it the way it is. Suggestions, ideas, or any help what so ever is most appreciated.
20211025_185409.jpg

That's looking really good so far! I was wondering how you're planning on keeping the back rigid to the front so it's not floppy one off the ground?

Edit: As for the skin maybe you could use spray adhesive and a 4 stretch fabric to add a smooth texture relatively easily?

That's looking really good so far! I was wondering how you're planning on keeping the back rigid to the front so it's not floppy one off the ground?

Edit: As for the skin maybe you could use spray adhesive and a 4 stretch fabric to add a smooth texture relatively easily?i

Edit: As for the skin maybe you could use spray adhesive and a 4 stretch fabric to add a smooth texture relatively easily?

Sorry my phone messed up. Anyways to stop it from flopping, I have two thin pieces of 2x2 underneath it connected to another on the inside of the body to stabilize it.

Made the guns for the ghost. They are removable so when the time comes to paint, I'll pull them out, paint the ghost, paint the guns, and then put it all back together when dried. Not going to lie, I'm excited. It's like building my tire creations but less mess. Just gotta figure out where to store it until next Comic con. After this, I plan on doing an upper half of Chiefs armor to go along with this. I'll wear black pants to give the illusion that it's in mid air.
20211027_200533.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back