Started first pep project.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

D013

Ok I just finished scaling and shaping my first 2 pieces, just having a issue finding resin and fiberglass in the area of Germany I currently located in. Looking for some ideas of what part to do next thinking starting a thigh or shin, ideas would be great.
100_0211.jpg
[/IMG]

Attachments

• 100_0211.jpg
    100_0211.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 78
just having a issue finding resin and fiberglass in the area of Germany I currently located in.

The cheapest way is to order it online. I got mine from http://www.phd-24.de, but there are other suppliers as well. Carboplast, for example, has a wider variety of additives and fibres and slightly higher prices. Keep in mind that any hazardous materials will result in an LQ-sticker on the package. If you live on a military base, that might be problematic.

If you can't order online, you can try hardware stores, they usually have stuff to repair cars, but they're quite a bit more expensive and the variety is limited.

Through a friend that had been on the website looking for armor. But why buy it when you build it.

I plan on using fiberglass and bondo body filler for now. Eventually I'll move on to something else but for my first build this was the best way I found.

Finally after weeks of searching I have finally found a place to get the resin and fiberglass, now just have to get the time to get there. Stupid job!!!

Thighs are a good starting point. You'll learn strapping, and refine you're tech on rounding and smoothing. The shines are a little harder to keep their shape and sizeing takes a bit to get right.

Finally got some time to work on my pep, got these knocked today. Starting on boots friday, hopefully my under armor will get here soon so I can start getting a better idea for my chest and thigh. If anyone has any ideas, I'm going to be using a Fox chest armor, as soon as I get I'll post a pic.
100_0216.jpg

100_0215.jpg

100_0214.jpg

100_0213.jpg

Attachments

• 100_0213.jpg
    100_0213.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 100_0214.jpg
    100_0214.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 81
  • 100_0215.jpg
    100_0215.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 100_0216.jpg
    100_0216.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 93
It's almost at a dead stand still work has been kicking my butt lately, hopefully I will get some more done this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back