Started Mark Vi Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnootyColt

I started my Master Chief armor today and it is turning out good. I have a problem with scaling on pepakura viewer 3.0.4. I was pepping a left bicept but it turned out huge. The helmet is good tho. can spmeone help me with scaling?

I will put pics soon! :D

SnootyColt said:
I started my Master Chief armor today and it is turning out good. I have a problem with scaling on pepakura viewer 3.0.4. I was pepping a left bicept but it turned out huge. The helmet is good tho. can spmeone help me with scaling?

This is a great tutorial by Skull Candy Girl :)
http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12549

This is a great scaling guide aswell but as far as i'm aware, it only works for Fraz' work :)
http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopi...amp;#entry22082

Last edited by a moderator:
SnootyColt said:

There are some great sticky threads with varied methods for figuring out scaling. I tend to eyeball things by looking at the largest part of the piece I am pepping...knowing that my sheet of cardstock is 11"x8.5" and estimating the size of the largest part. I then hold up that measurement against the body part that that armor piece will cover and if it looks in scale then I tend to be good. Also you can print out one of the sheets with the largest part and actually have it in your hand to check the size...this saves you from printing out the whole job and not having it be the right size. Hope this helps you out. I hate trusting math as I am terrible at it and find eyeballing it to my own body size gives me accurate sizes for ME everytime.

Last edited by a moderator:
About to bondo my third and finally decent, Master chief helmet (first two was a learning experience). Note the mohawk instead of invert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back