Starting armor *New Pics*

So im starting my armor after reading through the forms like a crazy maniac. I built the front and back of the torso, and I just put my first coat of resin/hardener on it. I don't have pictures of the work Ive done already because Ive got to get ready for work. Ill keep you all updated.

Heres a snapshot of the model I was using:

Snap.jpg
 
S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Rofls, fail using M$ paint to edit your pictures.

But good luck with your project anyways.
Thanks :cautious: Yea I was in a bit of a hurry, so I didn't feel like making it look pretty. As for the model, I got it off if here. Cant really remember who's it is though.

I just checked it when I got home from work, its still not completely set, so I'll probably fiberglass tomorrow.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Uhmmm, well I have no clue what to do. I let it dry overnight, and its kinda sticky. I read the mixing proportions, mixed it together, and spread it on the paper. Should I just go ahead and fiberglass?
 

WetOkole

Member
I had the same thing as you when working on my left forearm and I let it dry for 1 whole day and nothing so I added some baby powder to the forearm and it seemed to dry it up even faster. The Baby powder idea is from Link I believe!?!?
 

Robogenisis

Well-Known Member
That was flying_squirrel's first chest model. He's come out with a much better one since then.
Can't wait to see the finished piece. Some progress pics would be nice though. :D
 
WetOkole said:
I had the same thing as you when working on my left forearm and I let it dry for 1 whole day and nothing so I added some baby powder to the forearm and it seemed to dry it up even faster. The Baby powder idea is from Link I believe!?!?
I have never heard of that, but I'll give it a try when I get home from school tomorrow.

Robogenisis said:
That was flying_squirrel's first chest model. He's come out with a much better one since then.
Can't wait to see the finished piece. Some progress pics would be nice though. :D
Yea, I'll try the baby powder idea, then ill take some pics tomorrow. ;)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the double post, but heres the pics that you guys wanted ;)

second coat of resin:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m185/bl...01/100_0929.jpg

Back piece, still needs to be resined:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m185/bl...01/100_0930.jpg

Helmet and other stuff:
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m185/bl...01/100_0953.jpg


Inside of helmet, needs visor/padding:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m185/bl...01/100_0955.jpg

Thanks! :cool:

Ooo, and my mini elite guy I made:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m185/bl...01/100_0957.jpg
 
paradoxdj said:
nice elite! armor looks good
Thanks! I just used the joyride version, which had no pose-ability, got a mini marvel legends guy *amazing pose-ability*, and pretty much cut/glued/painted. It turned out good but I might work more on it sometime in the future. :cool:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Robogenisis

Well-Known Member
Looks nice. You should take some pics of the outside of the chest, not just the inside. You can also post your pics like this
100_0929.jpg

To do that, either click on the little landscape photo when you're making a post, and enter the url, or type

Insert image URL here(/img)

Type the /img with [] instead of ().
 

Ral Partha

Sr Member
I'm concerned that you decided to resin the chest pieces separately. The weight of the resin appears to have spread or widened the pieces quite a bit. You should have done so with the pieces initially attached together to retain their shape. After the first coat, the shape is not going to distort anymore.
 
Robogenisis said:
Looks nice. You should take some pics of the outside of the chest, not just the inside. You can also post your pics like this
100_0929.jpg

To do that, either click on the little landscape photo when you're making a post, and enter the url, or type

Insert image URL here(/img)

Type the /img with [] instead of ().[/QUOTE]

Yea I know, I just thought it would be faster if I posted the links. As for the front pics, it was still drying when I added the second coat of resin ;)

[QUOTE="Ral Partha"]I'm concerned that you decided to resin the chest pieces separately. The weight of the resin appears to have spread or widened the pieces quite a bit. You should have done so with the pieces initially attached together to retain their shape. After the first coat, the shape is not going to distort anymore.[/QUOTE]

Actually I might have made the armor wrong, but it doesn't appear to have expanded when I went to go take the pic.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

AoBfrost

Well-Known Member
Resin will weight down the edges and cause it to warp, reattach it even with tape, and resin the outside and solidify the two into one piece, then just cut it after 2-3 coats of resin, then glass them seperate.
 
AoBfrost said:
Resin will weight down the edges and cause it to warp, reattach it even with tape, and resin the outside and solidify the two into one piece, then just cut it after 2-3 coats of resin, then glass them seperate.
Gotcha, thanks! Ill see what it looks like tomorrow after school. If it looks good, I might begin glassing :eek:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MasterBest1

Active Member
Spartan-343 said:
Sorry for the double post, but heres the pics that you guys wanted ;)

second coat of resin:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m185/bl...01/100_0929.jpg

Back piece, still needs to be resined:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m185/bl...01/100_0930.jpg

Helmet and other stuff:
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m185/bl...01/100_0953.jpg
Inside of helmet, needs visor/padding:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m185/bl...01/100_0955.jpg

Thanks! :cool:

Ooo, and my mini elite guy I made:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m185/bl...01/100_0957.jpg
Have you destroyed the legendary helmet :eek: :eek: Oh you are goind to make an legendary armor!
Just a joke, Nice armor and good luck with the helmet!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
MasterBest1 said:
Have you destroyed the legendary helmet :eek: :eek: Oh you are goind to make an legendary armor!
Just a joke, Nice armor and good luck with the helmet!
Lol thanks :p I'm getting ready to go fiberglass the chest, wish me luck :eek: O..I had to trim that small bottom portion of the chest off, it just looked weird and it was a little bit warped, just a FYI ;)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top