Starting First Full Build. Scout/Recon Combination

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_1141.JPGIMG_1142.JPGIMG_1144.JPGIMG_1145.JPGIMG_1143.JPGThere you go man. Keep up the good work and if you need any other views of any armor just ask. Sorry for the side ways pics too.

Alrighty, it has been a while and i said ill post when the other shin is done. buttttt, ive stopped putting it together and focused on the helmet 100%. Everything except the shin has been coated with resin. 3 coats (need to resin the insides with some fiberglass) and the helmet has been painted, i need to touch up the spray painting job though.

IMG_1943.JPGIMG_1942.JPGIMG_1939.JPG

My 12v fan came today, just need a battery, and waiting for my visor to arrive. Its almost done :) then i can focus on the rest of it again.

Hey guys, im not dead. I havent posted in a long time. Ill be taking photos on the next sunny day i have, winter has slowed my fiber glassing process, but in a few days my chest parts will be done. Photos to come soon. I can tell you what has happened since last post.
1.The helmet has its blue visor in place (a little crooked but im happy with it)
2. the shoes are painted and stuck to my shoes
3. One shin/knee-pad done, able to lock the front/back parts together (more info to come)
4. Chest armor assembled, 3/4 painted. I made it too big, so i removed the middle part that links around the lower ribs. it fits easier now and isnt as bulky.
5. All i have to do is add padding to these parts then i can move on to the rest of the armor.

For the parts that require to be in two parts (chest,legs,arms) i have tried out a way to make it work like how it does in the halo series.
http://img06.deviantart.net/4984/i/...ding_screenshot_by_xoxbattleangel-d5obqff.png
May be a spoiler to those who havent finished Halo 4, Skip the image if you dont want any sort of spoiler (cant be too careful)
Please let me know if you guys would like to see how i implemented this into my armor. Not sure if ive seen anyone else do it. :D

Attachments

• halo_4_ending_screenshot_by_xoxbattleangel-d5obqff.png
    halo_4_ending_screenshot_by_xoxbattleangel-d5obqff.png
    652.5 KB · Views: 157
Well, of course we'd like to see how you did it and how it works.
What even is it for a question? :p

Also, nice boots.

I know my armor isnt the best or great, but its a rough start, and im using new ideas to just start it off. like using scrap wood and old black clothes to join the tops of my chest plate.

IMG_0029.JPGAs seen here, i have a type of nut. IMG_0030.JPGIm not sure if anyone has seen these, but to sum it up, its a sideways nut and bolt, when i put the bolt through the hole (image 1) i can then tighten the nut (image 2) and it pulls the two together IMG_0031.JPG

Now to implement it into my armor
IMG_0034.JPGFirst thing people might notice. I have no middle part at the bottom, you are right.I made the armor a bit too big so i removed it and it fits a lot better.IMG_0035.JPGPlace the two together, tighten the nut and whola, not need for Velcro, clips, its hidden (except nut hole) and it feels like how it would be in the halo series.
IMG_0036.JPGLast note, i do have to make the top gaps closer and fit on my shoulder. I hope you enjoy what ive done and shared, if it hasnt been shared alreadly The Nut and bolts are called 'Cam Lock Nuts'

More to come soon, im hoping to finish by Halloween. I know its not good quality armor, but its my first full build. Once i finish the suit im going to redo parts and fix my mistakes. i might even try using rondo/bondo, (not sure how to spell it)

More to come soon, im hoping to finish by Halloween. I know its not good quality armor, but its my first full build. Once i finish the suit im going to redo parts and fix my mistakes. i might even try using rondo/bondo, (not sure how to spell it)

Bondo is the body fuller you use to make details and smooth. Rondo is a mixture of Bondo and resin that people typical pour on the inside of armor, after fiberglassing, to smooth and add additional strength.

Turns out my armor isn't going as well as i planned, i wont be continuing this much further. Ill be working on my chest plate, but other than that, there wont be much else. Hopefully ill pick it back up once i have the money to continue without waiting to buy certain things. Possibly looking into commissioning one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back