Starting My First Halo Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolquart

Hello everyone, this is my first halo build so, along the way it would be great for some help with this build.

So far I have the gauntlets and shoulder pads done, they took awhile to build, but it was well worth it.

For the gauntlet, I used Andrew DFT's ODST gauntlet tutorial but personalized it to make it more "spartany."
gauntlet%20made%20of%20eva%20foam.JPG

For the shoulders I have done the Halo 4 Master Chief Shoulder pad, there's not much to say about it other than that its Master Chief's shoulder pad.

Sorry I dont know how to add pic, if someone could tell me how that would be great

One more thing, I would like someone to tell me how to make a good looking chestplate and or visor thanks, please reply

How are you? I'm new here too but I've done some work before. Are you doing this freehanded or with pepakura? I've only done the former so I can't help with pep..
Also, what materials?

- - - Updated - - -

For pictures, the little framed pic in the top toolbar when you post does that. You just need to download them to your computer, say to insert image "from computer," and then "upload files." Can't wait to see these, they sound really cool!

Oh, thank you soooo much for the info, the material I am using is EVA foam, I do have an old pepakura helmet 3/4 the way done.

image.jpgShoulder pads

image.jpgGauntlets

image.jpgUnfinished but great looking smg

thanks

Looks really great! Don't forget aerosol silicone (Plasti-Dip) before spray painting. Spray paint is corrosive to EVA foam..
Can we see pics of your progress on the helmet? What kind is it? Also, I agree that it's faster to do it freehanded but it does require some experience and lots of trial and error. Doing the helmet by pep was probably a smart decision..

yeah the helmet is kinda good, I will finish it but I may make a new helmet to go with my suit. it just needs a visor, fits perfectly has the "back off mod" so I can put it on (the opening is too small but the inside fits just right), the helmet is a MK. V, the one in Halo CE or 1. Its slightly warped in some areas.

I used a certain method for hardening the pepakura, instead of fiberglass and resin, I mixed some tite-bond II woodglue mixed with a tad of water, you slowly layer it on the outside and inside, alternate between inside and out. When that was all done it was still sorta flimsy and weak (but still strong if you wanted to stop there) so I took it and paper-mached the outside. Now it is spray painted Satin/Olive green, the Master Chief color

I thank you sooo much for your help, the members are very kind and helpful.

Sadly there are very few conventions where I live. even though we do have the greatest place for them, its the huge expo building out at the Sioux Empire Fairgrounds, although there was one in 2013 for video games, assortments of characters, etc. maybe there will be one this year. OH! I could were it to the fair, many people would recognize it.

just to let you know you Emile build looks sweet, did you free hand it? could you show me how you did the template? I t really helped me figure out how to do the chest.

For the shins and knee, I will be doing a soccer shin pad and a skateboarding knee pad, then adding foam to make them look like they are form halo.
I have a good idea on the thighs.

just to let you know you Emile build looks sweet, did you free hand it? could you show me how you did the template? I t really helped me figure out how to do the chest.

For the shins and knee, I will be doing a soccer shin pad and a skateboarding knee pad, then adding foam to make them look like they are form halo.
I have a good idea on the thighs.
Just trolled around the 405h looking @ people's builds, shapes and such. Also looked at game pictures. Important ad well to see how the pieces and shapes connect. Were the pics helpful? Another awesome freehander is Flyinphil, he posted on my thread a while back. Definitely look at his builds.

- - - Updated - - -

(there's a 'quote' button beneath comments that allows a 'reply'.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back