Steel City Comic Con 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffN02

Hey Colonials!

Forgot about this one myself: Steel City Comic Con 2022 in Pittsburgh, PA Dec. 9-11th.

Details: Held at the Monroeville Events and Convention Center
Hotel(s): Courtyard by Marriott and Residence Inn by Mariott, $114/ngt. The main hotel (closest): Doubletree by Hilton is sold out.

Lord of the Rings Cast members: Elijah Wood, Sean Aston, Billy Boyd, Dominic Monaghan will be there.
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation Cast including Chevy Chase, Beverly D'Angelo, and Christie Binkley will be there.

Pricing:
Fri or Sun Only: $20
Sat Only: $29
3 Day: $40
Add on for a T-Shirt: $20

Figured I'd put this out there in case anyone wants to go. I'd be up for it if others can go to help with Hotel cost.

Would love to have a booth sometime at this one if others would be up for it. That would make, though now thinking about it, 3 Major cons with Booths: Sci-Fi Con, Twin Tiers Con and this one. So might be too much?

Link to Website: Steel City Comic Con

Ya know it's funny. I see the view count go up but no replies. I 100% know why though: Too many cons that happen and we all go to. They're expensive; hotel, drive (gas), time off work, repairs to armor etc. The list goes on. I don't think I'll be making it myself the more I think about it ha ha. If anyone ends up going, hope you enjoy. I've got one more for sure and that is GalaxyCon. Midwest has been invited by the convention staff and my partner Nate and I are attending. Then that'll be it for this year. :sleep:

Even though it's one of the more closer cons for me, you said it. Having free time and money to spend to head down there is tight, especially with this time of the year. Heck I'm still paying off my Dragoncon trip lol. Steel City has been on my list to check out for 2 years now, but they always seem to fall right next to or sometimes even on the same day as other shows. Luckily they have 3 or 4 shows throughout the year, so even if you miss one you can just go during a different season. As for me, I'm wrapped up with conventions until probably March or April, unless my friends change their minds and want to go to Ohayocon in January.

Even though it's one of the more closer cons for me, you said it. Having free time and money to spend to head down there is tight, especially with this time of the year. Heck I'm still paying off my Dragoncon trip lol. Steel City has been on my list to check out for 2 years now, but they always seem to fall right next to or sometimes even on the same day as other shows. Luckily they have 3 or 4 shows throughout the year, so even if you miss one you can just go during a different season. As for me, I'm wrapped up with conventions until probably March or April, unless my friends change their minds and want to go to Ohayocon in January.
I hear ya 100%. As mentioned in my last post, it’s tough getting to all. If you do have a gathering for Ohayocon, let me know. Might be difficult but we’ll see. I’m gonna keep this thread up, but I’m fairly certain: I won’t be there.

I suck!!!! Sorry guys, I've been so busy with RL I haven't been on top of things lately.....Well maybe longer than just lately....I missed this.

I suck!!!! Sorry guys, I've been so busy with RL I haven't been on top of things lately.....Well maybe longer than just lately....I missed this.
Oh no worries DirtDives. I didn't end up going to SteelCity and I'm not sure who did if anyone. Heard from some that it was a tad bit of a nightmare with PhotoOPs with Celebs and getting medical attention in the area. Perhaps, we'll try for this one down the road. Next one looks to possibly be Ohayocon. Not sure.

Oh no worries DirtDives. I didn't end up going to SteelCity and I'm not sure who did if anyone. Heard from some that it was a tad bit of a nightmare with PhotoOPs with Celebs and getting medical attention in the area. Perhaps, we'll try for this one down the road. Next one looks to possibly be Ohayocon. Not sure.
Steel City was a nightmare, I can fill you in but not on here...we're not going back for a while, as far as wearing armor I wouldn't, and table space would allow for maybe 2 people in armor and a handler, even the 501st doesn't get much space and we'd have to pay for it

Steel City was a nightmare, I can fill you in but not on here...we're not going back for a while, as far as wearing armor I wouldn't, and table space would allow for maybe 2 people in armor and a handler, even the 501st doesn't get much space and we'd have to pay for it
Feel free to DM. I’m curious after hearing from multiple people that it was in fact a terrible experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back