Step by Step

Status
Not open for further replies.

irvinelax

Jr Member
Hey. happy labor day for the fellow americans. OK so i made my helm out of paper and looks like poo so im gona go try cardstock and i was wondering if you guys could mke like a step by step check off list to get a peice or armor done for ex.

1. assemle piece
2. fibergas
3.---------
4.--------

I dont even know if those to are in the right order lol. So if you guys could help me prepare a mental checkoff list that would be great thanks.
 

Leadingspartan

Well-Known Member
irvinelax said:
Hey. happy labor day for the fellow americans. OK so i made my helm out of paper and looks like poo so im gona go try cardstock and i was wondering if you guys could mke like a step by step check off list to get a peice or armor done for ex.

1. assemle piece
2. fibergas
3.---------
4.--------

I dont even know if those to are in the right order lol. So if you guys could help me prepare a mental checkoff list that would be great thanks.
Assemble piece

Buy more supplies

Fiberglass

Dry.

Detail.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

dallis

Member
Leadingspartan said:
Assemble piece

Buy more supplies

Fiberglass

Dry.

Detail.

Yea leading spartan has it just about right ,,,

this is my take

1.Cut and build pepakura
2.resin outside ...then inside
3.fibreglass inside once...let harden
4.fibreglass a second time if wanted (not necessary)
5.bondo outside (if prefered)
6.primer outside
7.paint outside
8.primer outside
9.paint outside
10.use hammered spray paint...(if prefered)
11.cause a little bit of battle damage ;-)
12.add some LEDs on the inside
13.add visor
14.stuff the inside with any kind of foam ,padding , ect, whatever fits your needs

hope this helps
,Dallis




ps.
you could have just read the stickies.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

irvinelax

Jr Member
dallis said:
Yea leading spartan has it just about right ,,,

this is my take

1.Cut and build pepakura
2.resin outside ...then inside
3.fibreglass inside once...let harden
4.fibreglass a second time if wanted (not necessary)
5.bondo outside (if prefered)
6.primer outside
7.paint outside
8.primer outside
9.paint outside
10.use hammered spray paint...(if prefered)
11.cause a little bit of battle damage ;-)
12.add some LEDs on the inside
13.add visor
14.stuff the inside with any kind of foam ,padding , ect, whatever fits your needs

hope this helps
,Dallis
ps.
you could have just read the stickies.

thanks this is exactly what i was lookin for thaks for detailed steps
 
Last edited by a moderator:

dallis

Member
irvinelax said:
thanks this is exactly what i was lookin for thaks for detailed steps
no problem bud im here to help....take your time and do good haha ...
,Dallis
 
Last edited by a moderator:
hi guys im gonna start glassing today but im scard because i dont know if i'm using the right respitory mask will i die im scard now help please
 

smilie120

Sr Member
Dont worry you cant have been a bigger bone head than me, firt time I fiberglassed I dident even wear a mask, but now i do...You wont die with that on thes for shure lol.
 

dallis

Member
Jordan Roajs said:
thanks man cause i was gonna start today but then worried so the mask is ok
nah dont worry bout that mask ... as long as its on right you will be perfectly fine dont worry bout it, i didnt use a mask on my first resining either smilie ;-) haah i know ....we're idiots,
,Dallis
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top