Sticking with Grenades!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlasHunted

I had a thought last night, what if it were possible to stick grenades to another persons armour if the proper tools were used on the grenade and suit.

Just imagine this, making a plasma/stick grenade in pepakura, making it, then making the outside magnetic.

Then while making armour, doing the same thing, now obviously it would be hard, unless there was some sort of magnetic paint.
How could this be achieved, any thoughts?
(If this is in the wrong place, move, also if its been discussed already, just lock it ):)

there are magnetic paints. but you could just get your hands on some strong magnets and set them up inside your plasma grenade. then use the paint on the suit. From my expirience with magnet paint, dont rely on it

I think it's been done with Earth Magnets before.

Those Earth magnets are stronger than hell though, if they get to close to another magnet of the same kind or some metal you might break the grenade trying to get it off. I would try radio shack, I found some ceramic magnets that are pretty strong but wont be ripped out of your armor if it comes to close to metal.

or go to a comp repair shop and see if they have any bad HD's that they will give u...(4 magnets in each one... and there pretty strong...)

Doesn't matter if the grenade belt exsists or not. It's an interpretation from a video game to real life. I as a matter of fact have a grenade belt for my ODST armor.
The white ODST in halo waypoint via Sept photos from Comic Con is me.

Meantime, refferance Spartian-087 and Spartian-005 they both have molds for grenades (frag and sticky) and they did something simillar to the magnets. Mine didn't work out when I tried but the theory is good.
Good luck Atlas

If you're looking for a means of throwing grenades at other people and having it stick, you'd need them to have a base armor plating made of steel or another ferrous metal and a decent size Hard Drive magnet, along with some somewhat shock absorbant material (like nerf balls) to keep the grenade from just bouncing off of the other person. It really isn't practical.

Although, you could just make the grenade and line it with male velcro (the coarse side) and have the other person put the female velcro (soft side) on their armor. Just a suggestion.

But the magnetic paint takes about 9 coats before those little refrigerator magnet letters will even stick. I know from experience. Don't bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back