Sticky Detonator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sped10909

Hello all! Im new to costuming but only have to make a few more pieces of armor left to do! With that said I've been searching for a template for a sticky detonator or one for sale would be cool too! Thanks for your time and hope to hear back from someone!

Hello all! Im new to costuming but only have to make a few more pieces of armor left to do! With that said I've been searching for a template for a sticky detonator or one for sale would be cool too! Thanks for your time and hope to hear back from someone!

There's a sticky detonator pepakura file in the file archive, what are you making it out of?

Would like to make it out of Styrofoam like some other weapons ive seen or even EVA foam of possible. Im not to picky on the material used but have never messed with pep files much and have never used resin :/

Would like to make it out of Styrofoam like some other weapons ive seen or even EVA foam of possible. Im not to picky on the material used but have never messed with pep files much and have never used resin :/

So pepakura is pretty simple, you download the files, then print them out, normally the files are for the resin method, but you can fiddle with the file a bit and have it work for foam, so that, instead of gluing the paper together, you trace it onto your foam, the sticky detonator file in the archive is for resin, but i can convert it to work with foam for you if you like! lol

Oh if you could that'd be amazing! That'd help me out so much and would be very much appreciated!! A lot of people use the wall insulation foam (I cant remember what its actually called) but I will try any foam that could be used! Thanks so much!

Feel free to leave the link here or message it to me. Thanks so much again! Means a lot to me you'd take the time to do it!

OK! i forgot how much time it took to convert stuff for foam! lol, but i got it done! http://www.405th.com/file-archive.php?do=download&downloadid=1059 i wanna see it when it's done!

It's mainly for Craft foam, which is eva foam, but thin and easier to work with, you can get a large stack of them at craft stores, they are also really helpful for armor, to get all the small details!
I didn't add the little sights at the top as they are very small and i think you could improvise them with scrap pieces!

Some of the pieces are very similar, so it's helpful to have them organized on a desk in the same order as they were on the paper, so you can see what piece is what, and where they go.

Thank you so much! Sorry it took so long! I'll definitely start assembling it asap and get you pictures. I'm very very thankful you did this for me!

I'm excited to see this! The sticky det was one of my favorite weapons in reach, and I haven't had the time to build one yet!

Well guys im hoping to start working on it this weekend! No promise it'll be completed but definitely starting it! Im beyond excited to try it!

If you have magnets lying around, try to make the grenade part so you can take it off, then snap it back on! also, for the stick part that the grenade slides over, it might be to thin to hold as just foam, you might want to use something more sturdy to make that part! and you could make the little gps thingy attached by a thin piece of foam, so you can open and close it! or make a slot in it for a phone! now i wanna make a sticky detonator! lol

Oh dang those are some fantastic ideas! Getting me even more excited to start! Hopefully i can figure out how to get my phone in that slot, that'd be so awesome. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back