Still Alive. Aperture Science Advanced Military Combat Suit (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well glad to see your not giving up on your suit. oh and that your still alive. (priorities) lol
Well best of luck to you man, will await an update from ya after con :)

Wow... Just, wow. It appears I've died again. That's no good. :-/

Con was awesome, (as any of you that went can attest), but when I got back, it was straight back to school. I just haven't had the time of focus to get back on it. :(
As I'm sure I've mentioned before, the suit itself is finished, I'm still waiting to get a job though so I can actually afford the materials I need to finish up the painting and all. And undersuit. Bastard that it is. -_- sigh. Anyway, that's it really. :-/

ACK! Just realized I've forgotten a few things! I've been gone so long I forgot to show ya'll where I WAS when I went on break. lol

Here is (mostly) everything primed. Still have to do the thighs... I've been lazy... :p

IMG_0976.jpg

And here is the "find" I got at Goodwill MONTHS ago that I mentioned but never updated on. lol
It WAS a kid's slide-projector originally.

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

I love it 'cause it already comes with lighting and power, AND there is plenty of room inside for a small speaker/Arduino setup... (I have absolutely NO experience working with Arduino... but I know it's relatively cheap/easy to work with... lol) AND It is the PERFECT size for a Core! Especially once I build an outer shell for it. ( If I can find temp's... lol)

EDIT
PS: ALSO!!! If anyone knows where I can get a template for GLaDOS's "face" from Portal 2, I would love you forever. lol
Not for this build, but for another that I might start working on while I wait for money. I still have PLENTY of foam and glue after all. :p

so what are you powering it with?

What? The Core? As of now, 2 "D" batteries. :p lol
Inside, all it is, is a batt holder, a lamp, and a series of lenses. with a LOT of leftover/cleanable/workable space all around.
What you see right now is how I bought it, minus all the painted on logo's and whatnot that I've sanded off.

oh i see, it's like what it did for a few ODST helms, i just reused some motorcycle helms, and i lot of time wireing and attching stuff.

Gee Zo, I didn't realise you'd gotten this far. Everything looks great, can't wait to see how the core turns out.

Also, vaguely remember maybe seeing some sort of GLaDOS template or pep or something.
If not, I know there is a member or two on here that can rip models from the game, if you ask nicely they can probably get the pieces you need.

Gee Zo, I didn't realise you'd gotten this far. Everything looks great, can't wait to see how the core turns out.

Also, vaguely remember maybe seeing some sort of GLaDOS template or pep or something.
If not, I know there is a member or two on here that can rip models from the game, if you ask nicely they can probably get the pieces you need.

Thats what I was thinking. I have the files for HER from P1, but... yeah... not gonna work. lol

I can get the files from the game myself if needed... I just dont know how to make them pep-friendly... yet... lol

And yeahhhh... I've gotten DECENTLY far in the build, just slacked off about 1 week before the 'con and just NOW getting back to it. Sorta. lol
(And here I am trying to start another build. GENIUS!) lmao

Ho. Ly. Sh** you guys. I would apologise for the necro-post, but it’s my own post so that’s immunity. I think? (Based on the OLD community standards from back in the day at least).
At any rate, I just came back after SEVERAL years away, and I want to at least be able to say I’ve finished a build, and slap a “done” label on this sucker. Sooooo. Here goes.
Also, eBay screwed up when I ordered my mannequin, I ordered a 6ft one, but I was sent a 7ft.

E74E153F-C019-46A6-B895-BE9AE4BE5692.jpeg
6E08F2C5-80B7-4ECE-A14D-536316AD8958.jpeg
91166F63-2B5C-462E-AAD8-5056373AB8F5.jpeg
5CC5DC24-24AD-4D32-BA2A-D8F475B4BE76.jpeg

Sadly, I have since gained.... enough.... weight that I no longer can fit with out the risk of ripping something when I move, but I am happy to say that I have a complete build to my name. I have a number of additional projects on various back burners, which I may start posting, if I am able to start getting active on here again, but for now, this thread can finally have some closure at least.

Now there's a name I haven't read in a long time. Looks great mate. What are these new projects?
I know, right?! I think the last time I was on was back when the site was redone (though idk how many times that may have happened in my absence). I remember a LOT of threads wound up disappearing, including some others of mine.

I’ve got an Iron Man (which I’m pretty sure I had started posting about) which has been in storage for so long that there’s no way it will still fit if I get started back on it, and will have to be started over. I’ve been playing around with Raspberry Pi’s a bunch lately. Built an arcade cabinet,messed around with Google AI, etc. I’m currently working on turning my Fallout 76 Pip-Boy kit into an actual “functioning” Pip-Boy, with GPS and radio, but I’m having issues with the operating system wanting to crash every time it tries to load the GPS module. Doesn’t help that I know absolutely NOTHING about Python. Lmao.

This might be the record holder for thread revival time gap. Well done!

2012 and the following years was a... hectic... time for me. School, drop out, grandmother died, school, drop out, job, insane girlfriend x3, moving, new job, etc. Fun times... I’ve been following Evil Ted and SKS Props a bunch, and I think I’ve finally gotten my inspiration back to actually seriously try to tackle something new. I want to do a set of Excavator Power Armor from Fallout 76 (hence my recent stalking of your and he4thbar’s posts. I saw mention that you have done a PipBoy) but there are ZERO templates that have been made of it so far. I just finished ripping the mesh files out of the game, and converted them to Obj, so I guess now I get to go and tackle unfolding them. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back