stolen rod Gun file

Status
Not open for further replies.

meggawatts

I made this a while ago and finally brought it into pepakura check it out
http://www.4shared.com/file/1_4V7qCk/fuel_rod.html
800px-Fuel_rod.jpg

good model but really needs cleanup, by that i mean you have intersecting edges and places that dont connect all the random red lines need to be cleaned up and theres several places that intersect along the front and hand guard area

yea like stated before. This defenatly needs a cleanup. To mutch open edges and some parts have to mutch poly's beside eachother for a gun pep. (keep in mind this is small)

This looks great! Awesome work! Is this the first Fuel Rod gun made yet? I haven't seen any others around.
It's the first completed one. There is another model somewhere out there of the original, earlier version of the Fuel Rod Gun, however.

Meggawatts, what program did you use to model that in?

Blender 3d

I'm calling hax... again. This is on google warehouse, http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=c2d953561d04c92dfcace4d823343363&prevstart=0

There is no way this was done in blender, it's definately sketchup, I can tell. This is also the same dude that stole Rundown's reach files. his paypal address is the same. I didn't want to accuse him of anything before he said blender, but I know how blender and sketchup work, this mesh is definately sketchup.

I'm not going to side with either of you here, but the truth will come out eventually.

The best, only option you have is to put up the original .blend file of it for us to see, not an imported .obj into Blender then, but the real thing. That means the file that you exported the .obj from. From that, anyone who has spent time to get down and learn all the ins and outs will know if you really made it. If not, its called hax by default.

Remember, this is the internet, so you are automatically considered guilty until proven innocent if questions arise, which they obviously have, and what I just told you you should do is really your only way to prove your innocence.

Thank you.

Now, here's what I see that brings up suspicions about it:
No background images were apparently used.
There were 32 double vertices in the model (and before an export those are usually removed by the modeler).
The fact that every face is a triangle (most of the time, models are made with quads, not triangles). That also makes it appear that you just imported the .obj and saved it as a .blend.
Also, there were some unnecessary floating faces in it that are located inside the main model, the likes of which are useless and unnecessary for something to be put in Pep.

All of that is found without any comparison to the model Boba Fett put up the link to. There are other reasons, but I'm not going in to all the detail. With all that said, these kinds of things don't add up to coincidences.

Therein another problem lies. You see, that model is, without a doubt, a complex model. It is made with the precision of someone with at least intermediate skill who has to know what they're doing to build it. It's hard to properly word it, and this is going to sound redundant, but it appears to be built by someone who has no intention to put it in to Pep, but rather to model it in sections, texturing each accordingly. Having seen and experienced the work of people (and myself) who have just started modeling, that is too advanced for someone who is a beginner.

******** I did This months ago
Hey, could you keep an eye on language? We have young people (approx 12 years old) that frequent 405th.
And i havent taken a look at the file yet, but no stealing please.
And not just to meggawatts, no one needs to be stealing work.

Now im not saying meggawatts stole anyone's work, im just letting people know common sense stuff.

Are you ****ing kidding me?!? Why the hell is this guy still around?!?

To anyone who doesn't think that meggawatts is a low-life, retarded thief.
Here is the thread where he stole rundown's Noble 6 files and my Reach hand plate. I know having a hand plate stolen is nothing compared to him stealing all of rundown's files, but I have easy, indisputable proof that he did in fact steal my hand plate and I care more about shutting these thiefs down than about the fact that my files where stolen. Just look at this picture:

handplate.jpg

The left hand plate is "his" hand plate. The right one is mine, which coincidentally was posted right together with rundown's Noble 6 files in Brandon McClain's thread. Now if the obvious similar shapes and appearances of the handplates don't convince you, take a look at the red squares. I accidentally left some open edges in the model (this was made before I did my own unfolds), and this idiot left those open edges in "his" model.

This only goes to show what a complete douchebag this guy is. Not only does he steal files claiming they are his, but he STEALS FILES AND REPOSTS THEM ON THE SAME GOD DAMN FORUM!!! I'm seriously surprised that he has enough brain power to even use a computer, because that is the most moronic behaviour I have ever seen, even on the internet.

The fact that this guy isn't banned forever is a freaking disgrace for the forum. I suppose the staff don't really care anyway seeing how the 405th has gone down the toilet and nothing has been done about it. If a moderator reads this, please ban and delete my account, because I will not be coming back to this sad excuse for a forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back