Subsitution

Status
Not open for further replies.

D353R7 PUNK

My wife asked me if i could sub cardstock with poaster board. would that work or no? also what else could i sub with?

Just so you know, posterboard IS thicker and heavier than your normal cardstock so you would have to hope that the printer you use is able to take that kind of paper. You will have to also make sure that when you go to print, that the printer has the option so that you can tell it what kind of paper you are using. If the printer can not handle posterboard, then it might not work.

You DON'T HAVE TO use cardstock. People use a variety of stuff to make their peps. Some people even print out the files on regular paper or cardstock then trace the shape they need onto cardboard, thus making whatever they are working on much sturdier and you don't have to deal with all the fiberglassing. From the cardboard stage, you can normally go straight to the body filler stage and start sanding and smoothing everything out.

I don't want to sound like the forum police, but you have made A LOT of threads and some of the stuff you have been asking has already been answered in other threads MANY times. PLEASE take the time to read the stickies in all the different thread forums. :)

I used poster board by printing the pep on regular paper, then using spray-adhesive to transfer the paper. You WILL have a hard time using this on HD models though, the thick posterboard will cause more misalignments, and HD models need precise alignment. Posterboard would work great on things like the Medium Def MK. VI helmet or the Ruze WETA ODST helmet.

ok and thanks. i do try to find what i need on the forums but some of my questions i ask well where asked a long time ago and i cant find the awnsers within an hour cus thats all i get att the public library. so sorry for so many threads that are old news. ill cut down and spend more time reading threw stuff i dont need. and thanks for tpoasting the info anyways, i have display poaster board that im gonna cut down into sheets that are the same size as paper and just print out the pep design on normal parper and the using a pencil ill trace threw the paper onto the poaster board, ive done it before for wood shop making the boots. i printed the desgin on paper and traces threw it onto the wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back