Suck it Blue!! (flag prop)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyokenseisou

I mean Red!! Suck it Red!!

248837_10150627762835403_814300402_19008073_5265115_n.jpg

So I figured, that if I'm not able to make a gun/weapon in time for PAX, I'd make a flag instead/as well!! :D
And since I had an abundance of the perfect shade of blue fabric laying around, and once bored afternoon.... This is what came of it! :3

And here's just some progress pics. Nothing too interesting, but yeah. Things used: fabric, fabric paint (mixed to desired colour, though the dark blue was a bit too dark for my tastes...), masking tape, and foam brush, mixing cup. It's pretty obvious how I did it, no secrets (used ref from pics I took with my camera, was working off camera). I just taped off the logo (darker bits), painted it, took off the paint, then same thing with the lighter stripes (which I actually added a bit of glitter fabric paint too, because in the game, it looked a bit shiny), same thing. So yeah. But not to brag, but I'm pretty wicked with masking tape. XD

246617_10150627762285403_814300402_19008062_8156557_n.jpg

254911_10150627762395403_814300402_19008063_626220_n.jpg

248484_10150627762690403_814300402_19008067_7894518_n.jpg

And just for some size comparison, with my phone on it. It's about 35"x35" inches, something like that.

249834_10150627763110403_814300402_19008076_1582463_n.jpg

Will make a trip to walmart and get a collapsible shower pole or something and make the rest later. But yeah, it'll be easy to find me in crowds at PAX now. XD

There you go again, proving your awesomeness!

I have a flag pep, never tried to build it though. But I think I might now! I just wanted it for the garage, but taking it to a con is a great idea!

ooh la la! files for us drooling fans?
file? lol no, I'm not that high tech. I'm one of those people that figures something out in my head and then just make it.
I went into a custom game (so to be not disturbed by other people), grabbed my camera, took some pics with it on my tv for refs, then it sat on my camera for a couple weeks. Then today, I was bored, found some blue fabric in storage, and yeah... Xd Went happy with the masking tape (was looking off my camera of the pics I took), some fabric tape, and viola!
So there's no file or something, sorry!

The image itself is pretty linear, so it wasn't hard at all. I just sharpied a dot in the middle of the fabric (well, with a few extra inches on the one side for when I attach the pole) and worked from there. I have a good (OCD) eye for eying thigns so they're even. There's actually a few things on this flag that are off by like a few millimeters AND IT BOTHERS ME!! D:< *RAAGGGGEE*! lol my bf gets made at me when he hangs a poster or something and I tell him it's a few mm's off (which is usually is...)

wow, that flag is beautiful and I'm not just saying that as a card carrying member of the blue team. I mean it's blue and we're blue, it's, you know, the flag.

Ya know, a few years ago... I bought a flag that looks a lot like that... Unfortunately they were out of elbow grease and headlight fluid... So this was all they had. Than things got really weird after that.

I don't want to get into that, though.

Nice work Hyo! I like it!

Hmmmmm... Are you bringing it to the Calgary Con? I know a certain spartan who could pose with it for ya. ie. pre photo op for PAX. :D

Nice work Hyo! I like it!

Hmmmmm... Are you bringing it to the Calgary Con? I know a certain spartan who could pose with it for ya. ie. pre photo op for PAX. :D
I could probably get off my lazy bum and finish the rest of it for you if you want some pics with it. :)

Also, big lawls at Slacker's and Shade's posts. XD
Idk about you Shade, but I managed to get some elbow grease... Still out of highlight fluid though...

There should be more props like this made on 405th. I seriously haven't seen enough of them, or can see enough of them. It's one thing to bring a spartan or marine to life, but completely another to bring part of their world into ours.

That tears it, once I finish my armor I'm making a flag based off of the red one in Halo 3. All I'll need is the right fabric, some thread, a pole, and the topper.... The top piece will be the hard part, isn't it a skull?

Ya know, a few years ago... I bought a flag that looks a lot like that... Unfortunately they were out of elbow grease and headlight fluid... So this was all they had. Than things got really weird after that.

I don't want to get into that, though.

Don't you mean Blinker fluid?

Flag is top notch btw.

The thread's name made me laugh--and then I clicked on it and saw this awesome flag. Day=made.
Then that means I did my job and I win.

We are gona play a few rounds of CTF at PAX for sure :D
BTW why can't you bring weepons?
lol hell yes. I'll try to make a red flag in time.
I never said I CAN'T bring weapons, but the flag(s?) were my back up in case I didn't have time to make something. But like I said, we'll see how much extra time I have before PAX.

lol omfg.... Just THINKING about real life Halo CFT in armor....All the fun and video cameras... And the breaking. XD Don't let me near Spase with a flag if the puma doesn't actually show up!! I really will pummel him!! lolol

Thanks for all the comments guys!

Got two poles (gonna make a red eventually for CTF @ PAX). Unfortunately, they won't be like uber game accurate (the pole part at least..) as they're extendable paint's pole thingies... But I needed them to be collapsible for transport. So I had to sacrifice a bit of accuracy for yeah. You know what I mean. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back