Suit Approval and Tier 1,2, or 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tegan

I have been reading through the membership requirements of a costumed member and it says that there are 3 tiers of costuming accuracy. Are these tiers decided upon approval, or is it like the 501st with their costuming crl guide. And also how do you go about approving your suit. Thanks,

Hello. I just wanted to start with a reminder that the Deployment System is an optional program here in the 405th. It is not required for membership, either in the Group as a whole or for your local Regiment. We sometimes get newer members who think that it is required and that their Deployment Approval, and Tier level has some bearing on their membership level or ability to participate with the group, which it does not. Deployment is just a fun program meant to recognize those members that decide to go for a high level of accuracy in their build.

As for how you go about submitting your costume for Deployment, you fill out this form here:
https://www.405th.com/forums/applicationform/request-deployment.2/form

Answers to many of the questions about the Deployment program can be found here:
Deployment FAQ
In the Deployment Program Frequently Asked Question Thread.

For general answers to your questions on the tiers:
What are the Tiers for Deployment?
Tier 1 is for those that have successfully completed a Halo Universe costume, but might have inaccuracies or have some fitting errors.
Tier 2 is for those costumes that have achieved a superior level of fit and accuracy, but might still be missing some details.
Tier 3 is for those costumes that have achieved a level of accuracy and fit that they appear to have stepped right out of the game.

And here are some of the more in depth criteria, and things we look at. Keep in mind that none of these are absolute standards and costumes are looked at on a case by case basis:

Tier 1 Guidelines:

-Costume must be based on a published, official Halo Universe source, including Games, Comics, Novels, and Art Books.
-Costumes based on Concept Art are applicable for Deployment when the designs have been published in an Official Microsoft or 343 Industries publication, such as a “Art of” of book. Designs posted on an individual Artist’s website but not seen in an official publication are not applicable.
-No original, fan designed Armor Sets, permutations, or components are applicable for Deployment.
-Costume must be complete with all primary components must be present.

(Primary components will be determined on a costume by costume basis. An item or component becomes optional for Deployment when in game or in universe references show that an item or component varies in appearance, location, or presence. Examples include pouches or ammo bandoliers on ODSTs or armor/helmet accessories in Halo Reach Armor. Any missing primary components make a costume an ineligible for Deployment.)

-Costume may have inaccuracies in color on Under suits, soft goods, and in Armor paint jobs. E.G. ODST Camo Under suit colors or Armor paint job may feature colors or patterns not seen In Game.
-Costume details may be “soft” or not well defined. If all armor or Primary Components are physically present, some details maybe missing or omitted for Tier 1.
- “Polygonal” appearance from use of Pepakura may be present. Armor has not been sanded smooth.
-Seams in Foam Armor may be present.
-Armor may lack a Neck Seal for SPARTANS and ODSTs.
-Armor may have fitting or proportion scaling issues. E.G. Slightly oversized pieces.
-Armor Under suits or “Tech Suits” may lack details. Under suits may be plain fabric like Underarmor or Morphsuits.
-Weathering, including physical damage, black washes, dirt, grime, and exposed silver paint may be either more or less than depicted In Game or in Visual references.

Tier 2 Guidelines:

-If present In-Game, costume must have a Neck Seal.
-Costume may still have inaccuracies in colors or patterns in armor paint schemes.
-Costume may have “Non-canon” paint details or decals that simulate armor graffiti or personalization.
-Armored costume under suits will have greater details and be a better match to in game references. E.G. ODSTs will not have a camouflage pattern Under suit, Halo 3 Marines will select a camouflage pattern that better replicates in game reference rather than using Current Military camouflage such as MARPAT or ACU.
-Halo 4 and 5 tech suits will exhibit details, but may still be lacking complete texture replication. Tech Suit details may be printed, painted, or dye sublimated on Fabric.
-Armor pieces must be sanded smooth. Method of construction must not be determined by appearance of piece.

Tier 3 Guidelines:

-Costume must appear to have virtually “Stepped off the screen.”
-Costume must have an In-Game or In-Universe, published, visual Reference that it matches to.
-Colors and Paint Scheme or Pattern must match references.
- Costume proportions must match In Game appearance and costume must be fitted to the wearer.
-Details must be replicated as close as possible and be present.
-Under suit details are recreated physically rather than being painted or printed. This may include actually sewing seams in an accurate position, or the use foam, rubber, or leather pieces glued or sewn in place to recreate raised details.
-Armor attachment system and any strapping system are not visible.
-Weathering patterns, details, and appearance must be replicated as close as possible and be present.
- “Optional Accessories” like Pouches or ammo bandoliers on characters like ODSTs or Marines that exhibit a variety of placement schemes In-Game must be shown to match an In-Game reference.
-Individual costumes and costume types will have different Tier 3 Specific Details that must be present. Examples include: “Layered” padding or armor on interior of ODST Thighs, Under suit Details on Halo Reach styled SPARTAN abdominal areas, Under suit details on Halo 4 and 5 “Tech Suits.”

This is awesome, thank you so so much. I was under the impression that the 405th operates to a similar system the 501st uses, but this clears it all up.(and might i say i like this system better)

I should specify that it will eventually be a requirement that Regimental Commanding Officers must have a Deployed costume in order to serve in that position, and that local Regimental Command Staff do reserve the right to take Deployment Status into consideration for specific costume requests from Event Hosts, as well as for events that have an attendance cap.

I should specify that it will eventually be a requirement that Regimental Commanding Officers must have a Deployed costume in order to serve in that position, and that local Regimental Command Staff do reserve the right to take Deployment Status into consideration for specific costume requests from Event Hosts, as well as for events that have an attendance cap.

*Whistles aimlessly* guess I'll get on that, then.

Oh good, I've already got that out of the way on two suits. Likely will have suit three and four done by the summer.

Oh good, I've already got that out of the way on two suits. Likely will have suit three and four done by the summer.
show off.........
giphy-tumblr.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back