Summer movie releases, What are you excited for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devious

So this summer a junkload of movies are coming out. Some of them sequels, some prequels, and even some franchise starters.

Here's a list of a few of the ones that look like they'll go far (mostly In chronological order):
Battle:LA
Limitless
Thor
Pirates of the Caribbean: On stranger tides
X Men: First Class
Green Lantern
Transformers: Dark Of the Moon (Also known as Michael Bays Explosiongasm)
Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows II
Captain America
Cowboys and Aliens
And all the way in December:
Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol

Lots of Superhero films, lots of aliens, and of course action.

So what are you looking forward for? Which of the movies I listed are you gonna watch? What others look good? Discuss the films themselves.

I am in SUPER-GEEK MODE for this summer

Captain America :The first avenger
Green lantern
X-men First class
Thor
Transformers : Dark of the moon
Harry Potter
Pirates of the Carabbean :On Stranger Tides

As you can see I am a comic nerd.

I'm really only excited for one movie, and you didn't even mention it: Red Dawn. As campy as the original is, I really love it. To me, it's a classic of Americana, and though I wouldn't ever want an invasion to take place (obviously), I would hope the youth of America would respond the way Jed and his friends did in Red Dawn.

WOLVERINES!!!!

red-dawn-wolverines.jpg

Thor
Pirates of the Caribbean/On stranger tides
Transformers
"Captain America" for sure
Cowboys & Aliens - got to love this one

I was a bit confused when I read the title, because summer's just finished for me :p

SO, during our WINTER release, I'm looking forward to:

Pirates of the Caribbean
Harry Potter 7 pt 2
Transformers, and
X-Men: First Class

BATTLE:LOS ANGELES!

I think it's gonna be cool and rock!

I liked Sykline, but come on guys!...... This looks like it'll be better!

Honestly, I'm not excited for anything that's coming out this summer. It all looks like a bunch of rehashes of older stuff, and/or mindless explosions and shallow characters. It's just not getting it up for me.

good stuff all around. Great movies and even better if youre watching with guys who know the genre

Battle:LA
is a sci-fi movie with a litttle smudge of history in it. This historical event, called the Battle of Los Angeles or the Great Los Angeles Air Raid in which just 11 weeks after the Imperial Japenese Navy's attack on Pearl Harbor, the U.S. Army fired 12.8 lb Anti-Aircraft shells at a target with spotlights aimed at it. There were 1,500 shells fired at SOMETHING!!! The target was ORIGINALLY thought to be a Japenese air raid on the city, the target would later be called a WEATHER BALLOON!!! Secretary of the Navy Frank Knox stated that the barrage of fire was due to jumpy gun crews and war nerves. The government covered up the incident...... The army was not pleased, IF THEY COULDN'T HIT A WEATHER BALLOON, HOW COULD THEY HIT A REAL ENEMY AIR RAID? Modern-day UFOlogists have suggested that the Army fired upon a extraterrestrial space-farring vessel.

As I did say this will be a sci-fi movie. A bio-mechanical alien race lands on earth's surface using "ship-like" asteroids. The entire world is invaded and people and scientist begin to speculate why. Mean while every countries armed service is chewed-up and practically destroyed. The attack on Los Angeles is turned into a vast and utterly wrecked battlefield with a airport being used as a staging area to conduct military operations.

As to who wins is questionable....................

As in the Halo series
-Humans have a moderate amount of ground-op success

-Aliens will kick but in air and space*

*-modern day humanity doesn't have space combat ability anyway

MC, I suggest you look at the trailer of "limitless". It's not a rehash, its not a sequel, its something new, that looks very promising. Of course I don't know what you like, but its worth looking at. (Its not really an action movie)

Also discuss games:

Homefront
Crysis 2
Battlefield 3
More CoD Shi---

Movies I cannot wait for this summer are
May:
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Hangover 2 (since the first one totally rocked and so freaking funny)

June:
Fast Five (love Fast and Furious movies and the cars are sexy)
Green Lantern
Super 8

July:
Transformers
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 2 (books were awesome)
Cowboys and Aliens

And a movie that comes out later this year
-Twilight: Breaking Dawn (read the books and curious how they are making the last book into the movie)

Last edited by a moderator:
BATTLE:LOS ANGELES!

I think it's gonna be cool and rock!

I liked Sykline, but come on guys!...... This looks like it'll be better!

Watching the trailer to B:LA, the only difference between it and a normal day in LA is the aliens are from a different planet :p. And why LA? Because the aliens aren't welcome in Arizona anymore, or because the People's Republic of California has free healthcare, even for aliens?

I kid, I kid. Looks like a fun movie if that kind of thing floats your boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back