Superglue cunundrum...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshall

Hey all, just a quick post to see what advice people have on this; Mainly aimed at ppl from the UK....

So; im about 1/3 to 1/2 way thru the Pep phase of my build, but i seem to always be running out of superglue - is there anywhere that you can get jumbo tubes or cans from etc? The locktite 3g tubes are ok for the job, but at 3 quid a go the bill quickly adds up

Any suggestions or other glues that people use would be welcome :)

Cheers, Chris.

Superglue? I use evo stik impact adhesive. You can get a good sized tube for about 5/6 quid. I goes a long way if you squeeze a drop onto your fingertip and run it along the edge of the seam. It also allows for minor adjustment before it cures.

Personally i used a cool-melt glue gun as i didn't want to be waiting for drying times, but could also un-glue any errors.

I found "The Range" to have a good range of glues at fairly good prices.

Sorry im not from the UK but you can get CA glue (cyanoacrylate) in small and large bottles and also in differant thinkness from thin like water to thick almost like a gel you can usually find them at hobby stores its used alot in R/C.
I found a website thats based in UK [Here.] that you could order it online, also your local Games Workshop will have their brand of super/CA glue but its probably pretty expensive.

Cheers guys ill have a ponder, never thought of my gluegun, though i guess its not as accurate as superglue?

Just checked that site and its spot on Blorin - ill order some this week :)

Dude I use good old PVA glue. It dries fast enough, is easy enough to work with, easily comes off your hands, and is about as cheap as water. It holds up just fine against the resin/ rondo, and isn't too heavy. I wouldn't use anything else, and the 3 pound superglue bottles make me wanna cringe and hold my wallet lol.

I didnt relaise PVA would hold when i was resining the outside, might have to switch to that this evening (night shifts are great for pep building - until you have to sneak a fully built chestpiece out the building) and just use superglue when i need a shape holding under strain, cheers guys!

I agree with Jay, PVA (Elmer's White Glue in the U.S.) is all I use for pep. I've never had an issue using it.

I'm from the US. I use PVA glue for all my peps. If you take a dried out pen and apply we to the tip you can glue with extreme precision and don't have to worry about using too much, especially on smaller pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back