Support Struts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jurgenp1

Jr Member
hi guys does any of you guys know how to add support struts in Pep designer 3. Or do they have to be included in the 3d model.

jurgenp1 said:
hi guys does any of you guys know how to add support struts in Pep designer 3. Or do they have to be included in the 3d model.

I think you have to include them in the original design

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup they have to be modeled in. Definitely would be a nice feature to have in pep though, select 2 edges and it generates a support strut.

oh yeah would be cool to make them directly in pep desinger , would make things allot easyer sometimes

Grtz

Sorry for the slight hi-jack, but is there any good tutorial anywhere about how and where to add support struts? I feel some of my models need 'em, but since I'm quite new to both modelling and pepping I'm not really sure where to start.

I thought most struts were numbered? Otherwise, just referance your computer. Look at the particular strut, locate it, and see where it is on the model. Then just install it in the right location! :)

AceHigh said:
Sorry for the slight hi-jack, but is there any good tutorial anywhere about how and where to add support struts? I feel some of my models need 'em, but since I'm quite new to both modelling and pepping I'm not really sure where to start.

What I usually do is find two edges that sit across from each other, I extrude the edges towards each other until they're close enough to weld. Next I extrude the two sides of this initial strut upwards and then hit weld again and crank up the threshold until they attach together. After that its just a matter of adjusting the triangle that's formed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back