The 405th Guide To Replica Armor And Weapon Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devious

My goal is for the 405th to have a complete guide that covers the armor making process in detail in a coherent and easy to read manner. It will answer the noobs questions before they need to ask, and make everyone's 405th lives better. The purpose of this topic is to gather volunteers to aid me in the making of this guide.

The guide will be a PDF file that will be downloaded from an easy to find link, provided to all new members.

It will be laid out something like this:

Introduction
Noob list (will include lists for the different build methods so; pep, foam, sculpted, cardbard)
Armor types
Pepakura
Pepakura building
Safety
Resin (this will include resining a pepped piece and an introduction to the substance itself)
Fiberglass (How to)
Bondo
Rondo
Sanding
Painting
Foam building (complete tut)
Sculpting
Molds and moldmaking (include smooth on, and less conventional methods like caulking)
Casting
Helmet finishing (visor, and vents)
Strapping and Padding
Electronics (Lastdecade should do this)
Weapon building
-Pep
-Cardboard (Xtrme tactics should do this)
-Styrene (ill ask tactonyx if he will write this)
-Wood (L0ST VIKING, or Lee may be willing, if not I'll try my best)
Conclusion

I need several volunteers to do this, each will write several segments, in a complete, concise, and easy to read manner that most people can understand. I have already put names beside some areas that are more specilized and require some skill to explain, these are merely suggestions, if you think you can do it we'll see what we can do. Since this is meant to explain building to a beginner, it would be best if more senior members wrote the segments. Once the writers have been selected a deadline will be set to have the first segments done by, it IS VERY IMPORTANT that this is adhered to.

Now come offer you expertise, and post which topics you think you can write. Don't start writing till I give a go ahead.

I'd love to help out, Devious, but in truth, I'm only just starting my first build. If this project can use what I learn when I'm done, I'll be happy to contribute.

As I am still a rookie at most of the processes listed here, I'm not sure how much I could contribute. However, I'd be most willing to help with some of the beginning steps - (e.g. Armor types,Pepakura,Pepakura building,Safety,Resin) if need be. This is going to help a lot of people once it is completed.

Thanks for the offers guys. Over the next few days I will be making a list of who is writing what, and what we need writers for. Make sure you have your PM's enabled as this is how I will contact you once the project starts.

Please do not start writing any tutorials until this is a go.

I still need volunteers, so if you think you have something to contribute, post it.

Thanks again, this is something all of the 405th will appreciate.

PM me a few things to do and ill make a pdf version and I will go ahead and make a PDF cover for the guide

My goal is for the 405th to have a complete guide that covers the armor making process in detail in a coherent and easy to read manner. It will answer the noobs questions before they need to ask, and make everyone's 405th lives better. The purpose of this topic is to gather volunteers to aid me in the making of this guide.

The guide will be a PDF file that will be downloaded from an easy to find link, provided to all new members.

Introduction
Noob list (will include lists for the different build methods so; pep, foam, sculpted, cardbard)
Armor types
Pepakura
Pepakura building
Safety
Resin (this will include resining a pepped piece and an introduction to the substance itself)
Fiberglass (How to)
Bondo
Rondo
Sanding
Painting
Sculpting
Molds and moldmaking (include smooth on, and less conventional methods like caulking)
Casting
Strapping and Padding
Weapon building
-Pep
Conclusion

I need several volunteers to do this, each will write several segments, in a complete, concise, and easy to read manner that most people can understand. I have already put names beside some areas that are more specilized and require some skill to explain, these are merely suggestions, if you think you can do it we'll see what we can do. Since this is meant to explain building to a beginner, it would be best if more senior members wrote the segments. Once the writers have been selected a deadline will be set to have the first segments done by, it IS VERY IMPORTANT that this is adhered to.

Now come offer you expertise, and post which topics you think you can write. Don't start writing till I give a go ahead.

Been working on the guide that was mentioned check it out "http://www.mediafire.com/?44k06bbkju0q8kq" and use wordpad to add to it once your done with your section pm me and ill give you my email and i will add it to the pdf file

Just a couple of thoughts and questions :)

Introduction
Armor types are you talking permutations with this?
Pepakura can probably be combined with the following section?
Pepakura building
Safety this needs to be right after the introduction and very heavily emphasized
Fiberglass (How to)
Bondo
Rondo
Sanding
Painting
Sculpting
Casting
Strapping and Padding
Weapon building
-Pep
Conclusion

Oh Devious, forgot to mention. I've plenty of experience writing documentation and technical procedures, so when things are starting to come together if you need additional help with formatting, writing, and editing, just hit me up. I got your PM as well, so just give me a heads up on what you'll need.

hooowee this is going to be a biiiig but most awesome document

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back