"The Avengers" Movie Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

xSURR3NDERx

Jr Member
I didn't see any forum posted yet but I just returned from the midnight showing of The Avengers and I wanted to know what my fellow friends on the forum thought of it!

NOTE: I did not read any of the comics or graphic novels. This is all based off of my frankly strict opinion of movies.

I THOUGHT the movie was fantastic! Of course I got my daily man dosage of **** blowing up and action heroes, but it had a great story line (from what I heard pretty true to the original sources) and it was funny at the same time.

I want to open the floor to you guys and get your opinions as you all one by one see the movie! I'd especially like to hear from the comic book fans who know this series very well. Is it true to the series? Did they mess up on back stories?

***PLEASE TO NOT POST ANY SPOILERS OF THE MOVIE! DON'T RUIN THE EXPERIENCE FOR EVERYONE ELSE! thanks :3***

I've always been a fan of X-Men comics and have seen the Avengers through crossovers. I loved the movie and saw nothing wrong. If anything it was perfect!
It's been a long time since I've wanted to see a movie more than once in theater, and after seeing it I can't wait to go again!

I won't spoil anything, but any geek worth their membership knows to stay till the very end of the credits, The Very End of the credits!

I've always been a fan of X-Men comics and have seen the Avengers through crossovers. I loved the movie and saw nothing wrong. If anything it was perfect!
It's been a long time since I've wanted to see a movie more than once in theater, and after seeing it I can't wait to go again!

I won't spoil anything, but any geek worth their membership knows to stay till the very end of the credits, The Very End of the credits!

Now I stayed past the first set of credits, but I didn't stay to the VERY end. Please tell me I won't have to spend another $12 on a ticket to see it again :/

The reason you didn't see a thread is because this is the wrong subforum for that talk. There seem to be two on the "Non Halo" forum, but both are a bit old.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/35919-The-Avengers
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/36204-Avengers-Ph

The second seems to be more of a group for costuming, but the first is discussion on it if not a few months ignored. I won't get to see it for a few weeks sadly, but I am looking forwards to it. Another two months for that infantryman, but you'll get there!

The reason you didn't see a thread is because this is the wrong subforum for that talk. There seem to be two on the "Non Halo" forum, but both are a bit old.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/35919-The-Avengers
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/36204-Avengers-Ph

The second seems to be more of a group for costuming, but the first is discussion on it if not a few months ignored. I won't get to see it for a few weeks sadly, but I am looking forwards to it. Another two months for that infantryman, but you'll get there!

Took a look at the two threads, but the first was well before the movie came out and the second is a costuming thread. I meant this thread to be more about everyone's reactions and opinions of the movie. Sorry for the confusion!

I said that the second was costuming if you read my post. The first is discussion on the film, it's just been lying dormant, not necro age yet. No biggie.

MY LOOKS ON THE INVOLVED MOVIES:
-I though Thor was a magnificent movie with a good plot, and some Great acting
-The Iron Man series has always been a favorite of mine, and i love the smart-a## Tony even more
-I honestly though Captain America was kinda a let-down, i think there were so many things that should have been better
-I was never a fan of The Hulk series, but i loved the comic Books

So 3/4 as far as the movies go... i'd say it will b a nice little Flick

Ironman has always been my all time fave superhero. However, after seeing this, the Hulk TOTALLY made the movie perfect! To be as scary as he is, he was absolutely hilarious! I didnt see the end credits though, so I'm gonna go look that up now.

Ironman has always been my all time fave superhero. However, after seeing this, the Hulk TOTALLY made the movie perfect! To be as scary as he is, he was absolutely hilarious! I didnt see the end credits though, so I'm gonna go look that up now.

I'm with you here, the Hulk was a great addition and the acting by Mark Ruffalo was fantastic! Much better than previous actors.

I haven't seen the movie, but I would like to know what the profanity levels are. Would it be closer to Thor or Iron Man 2 as far as that goes?

I haven't seen the movie, but I would like to know what the profanity levels are. Would it be closer to Thor or Iron Man 2 as far as that goes?

I honestly did not pay attention if there was any profanity, I was too busy enjoying the graphic violence

ok a quick look up on IMDB got the results you asked for http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848228/parentalguide

Avengers
Profanity
1 not fully enunciated scatological term, 1 mild scatological term, 2 anatomical terms, 7 mild obscenities, 1 "son of a b---h", mild name-calling.

Thor
Profanity
Language is relatively mild, only "d**n" and some other mild language is heard.

Ironman 2
Profanity
F--k is bleeped out, though we know what it is
An occasional s--t.
Mild obscenities scattered throughout.

The film was aamaazing! watch it now if you havent, NOW! i didnt see past end credits but i found it and the first scene, im not gonna spoil, second isnt a spoiler so much, just adds more to the 'comedy' ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back