The Cole Protocol - Coming Fall 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it looks a bit like the original MJOLNIR armor back from the Mac days.

It even has the smoke grenade launcher on is armature.

And what do you think that is in the background? Mining equipment?

Woohoo.

I have to finish Brsignr and then read the other half of ghost of onyx before I can read this one.

Let us know if its good, Adam. :)

I'll go to the bookstore today and look for it. I think amazon.com has it in stock aswell. I've been looking forward to this one ;).

Picked up my copy today, about two chapters in so far.

Found a copy on Black Friday. I will NEVER go shopping the day after thanksgiving again!!!!!! Of Course I did finally get my new HD TV.....That made it worth it I guess!!!!!

Well, I snagged me a copy from Teh Wally World on Black Friday. I need to finish my last like 50 pages of the Da Vinci Code and then I'll read it.

i picked my copy up tuesday. finished today. I will say my favorite part is where the Kig-Yar and the Sangheili argue over that thing the profits said. :D

rvb18 said:
my friend you must put up a spoiler warning or some thing i mean u just ruined it for me

how could that possibly ruin it.
he seemed pretty vague to me

i havent read the new book yet, but all i no is that 2 species argue over something someone said.

should he have put a spoiler thing up. maybe. but the way he said it shouldnt have ruined a thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got it last night, and just finished reading it an hour ago. It's a great book; definitely on par with the other books. I'm not going to summarise it or write a review, but below I've extracted some useful tidbits:

*Spoilers*Spoilers*Spoilers

--one of the main characters carries an M6D with custom carved oak grips
--UNSC Armageddon's Edge (destroyer) fate unknown but likely destroyed
--UNSC Midsummer Night (custom stealth frigate) still operational
--UNSC Do You Feel Lucky? (destroyer) boarded and then destroyed
--UNSC Ready or Not (frigate) still operational
--In addition to the standard HEV pods, the Helljumpers use special larger pods to carry weapons caches, Shiva nukes, and Mongooses

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I forgot to post back here after finishing the book, but it was godly. Great book. Confusing at bits, but still great book.

Also, when you look at the cover in real life, you'll notice that the Spartan on the front is wearing CQB-ish shoulders, a Mk IV helm, and what looks like a CQB chest (there's a knife, but on the back of the shoulder). Hope that clears stuff up... on the original cover, it was regular shoulders and regular CQB, but they changed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back